What is Dyno Quarter mile time??

popeye55

i have this guy talking smack about his ford lighting. well he says its all stock and the guy has never had it at the track.... but he claims it ran a 11.8 on teh dyno with 360 or 380 hp... i have never heard of dyno drag times....what is this? i'll still be happy to give him a change with the SS...just never heard of dyno times. :driving:

When you make your pulls on the dyno, they gues your quarter by hp numbers. There is a big equation on how to figure it out, but it is something like vehicle weight plus tire size devided by horsepower. Then there is a multipler divided by quarter, and it will produce a decently accurate guess. Mind you perfect driver and conditions. I will try and find the formula later on, the dyno machines figure it all out for you.

BTW.. The is a bogus number your buddy gave, they are something like 13.7 bone stock. Unless hes got the 2008 model. My friends 2003 lightning put down 426hp to the tires(mustang dyno) and they dyno 1/4 guess was like a flat 12 or high 11's

Archived