A/C HorsePower??

ArizonaSS

Well yesterday in my climate control class i was sittin there bein bored and and had heard this guy talkin to the instructor about what he had read in an artical the other day it was about some guy re-routing his A/C to go in to his intake i guess he gained a 100HP, i thought it was BS but i dunno :dunno:

If I recall correctly the new Lighning concept before it got canned has this concept in it. They used the A/C to chill a small tank of coolant. When it needed to it would route this coolant into the intercooler at like 30 degrees F. I remember them estimating about 50 HP though.

If I recall correctly the new Lighning concept before it got canned has this concept in it.  They used the A/C to chill a small tank of coolant.  When it needed to it would route this coolant into the intercooler at like 30 degrees F.  I remember them estimating about 50 HP though.

Oh that!... OK..

For some reason I had it in my head that whoever it was had ran a tube from the air ducts around to the intake.. I couldn't stop laughing! :crackup: But that system is probably what he was talking about.

If I recall correctly the new Lighning concept before it got canned has this concept in it.  They used the A/C to chill a small tank of coolant.  When it needed to it would route this coolant into the intercooler at like 30 degrees F.  I remember them estimating about 50 HP though.

Yeah thats exactly what they did.

Running a vent into the intake (yes I have seen it) would bring the intake temps down which would make some hp but not 100

has anyone ever actually routed the front BRAKE ducts to the front brakes? cant imagine it would do much. When i first got it my friend loved it and cracked up when i said he was going to have flood damage to his house when i took his rain gutter off to tape it to those ducts and point it at the brakes! hah :crackup:

Archived