getting a new cam....

haynss

ben are you talking about these??  Melling lifters??

No. Morel. Some are saying these are the best lifter ever made for the LSx motor. They go for close to $500, but I know a local place in P-cola that can get them for just under $400. Call me if you are interested.

cool deal, if these go bad ill be calling you again!!

Actually I think the price is close to $350. I may buy a set just for the hell of it before the price changes.

same number?? 1 900 hot love??  :D

Isn't that the number you have on speed dial for Matt? :P

What is the big deal about the Morel lifters? I am going solid roller soon anyway so its not that big a deal but I have another project starting soon and will need to put good lifters in there. FYI Im running the comp stock replacement performance lifters in my truck with no problems so far with 2000 miles on the 418 and stock rockers.

What is the big deal about the Morel lifters?  I am going solid roller soon anyway so its not that big a deal but I have another project starting soon and will need to put good lifters in there.  FYI Im running the comp stock replacement performance lifters in my truck with no problems so far with 2000 miles on the 418 and stock rockers.

have you ever had anything that has solid lifters??

I have the comp lifters and have about 4k miles on my 408 and they are fine.

No I havent but have been around them all my life. I understand having to adjust them and all that. My truck isnt driven very much so adjusting them every 1000 miles will be like every 3 months or so. Also after everything breaks in you can go 3000+ easily.

No I havent but have been around them all my life.  I understand having to adjust them and all that.  My truck isnt driven very much so adjusting them every 1000 miles will be like every 3 months or so.  Also after everything breaks in you can go 3000+ easily.

ok as long as you know it. I know you said it was your DD too.

What is the big deal about the Morel lifters?  I am going solid roller soon anyway so its not that big a deal but I have another project starting soon and will need to put good lifters in there.  FYI Im running the comp stock replacement performance lifters in my truck with no problems so far with 2000 miles on the 418 and stock rockers.

What is the big deal? I don't know. Hang out on LS1 tech once and a while and read what is said about them.

LS1 guys have never really had a "performance" lifter other than CompRs. The stock replacements you have are nothing more than a stock lifter with a different name, similar to Melling. They don't compare to CompRs. I've had them both. Anyway, with the mixed troubles with CompRs, again from LS1tech, everyone is relieved that they have an alternative now. That's the big deal.

Aside from that, even in the racing world they have started to take hold. I spoke with a friend that works in a performance shop in FL and he had lots of good things to say about them. He is a very smart dude on this stuff and anything parts-wise, and from his view they are made much better than a CompR. CompRs look very stout over the stock lifter even. He builds race motors. Also built mine.

Go do a search or start a thread asking your question on LS1. You'll get more than ample response.

I was just wondering what you have seen over there that makes them better than the Rs. Supposedly my "performance" lifters have a stiffer spring and I can tell you they atleast are stiffer than my stockers but that would be no surprise since the mileage on teh stockers. I dont care to mess with them my lifters are serving their purpose and handling the high lift/rpm so far. If I kill them Ill look more into the Morels. Im lazy maybe one day when Im bored Ill scrounge around over there.

I was just wondering what you have seen over there that makes them better than the Rs.  Supposedly my "performance" lifters have a stiffer spring and I can tell you they atleast are stiffer than my stockers but that would be no surprise since the mileage on teh stockers.  I dont care to mess with them my lifters are serving their purpose and handling the high lift/rpm so far.  If I kill them Ill look more into the Morels.  Im lazy maybe one day when Im bored Ill scrounge around over there.

Me personally haven't seen anything. Just going by all the chatter my friend is seeing. They are just the latest to come out for the LSx motor. CompRs are a very good lifter, but there have been some failures out there. Most, if not all, Comp will tell you that they were from improperly adjusted pre-load, with the pre-load being .002"-.006".

Archived