getting a new cam....

haynss

comp r's

well I was driving around and just noticed the loud tapping, like i had a midget playing the bongos under my hood, but it was only once in a while, like maybe 1x a week if that and for only like 10minutes. Didnt think much of it then it started to come back like 2x in 3 days so i happened to be going to shop to work on tune and that damn midget was parting away. So anyway they thought it was the lifters so i was like ok cool, so anyway replacing everything and for shits and giggles decided to check the cam, ding ding ding, the little drummer boy did his job and ding'd the thing up.

so new cam with my new lifters, how fun :smash:

but yes good catch before everything was back in.

Do you have adjustable rockers??  if not you will need them with the comp r

yup jessels, i thought we had this conversation for like 1/2 hour the other day...damn matt you are chubby!

do you have any idea on how many people i talk to in a day :banghead:

Sounds like improperly adjusted CompRs. Ask the person that put them in how much pre-load they set them to. Did the lifters collapse? They should be set to .002-.006. Go any more than that and you risk destroying them.

Also, don't put that kind back in. There is a much better brand out there now. I forget the name. They are pretty expensive though - close to $500. Let me go to LS1tech and fetch the name.

cool, ill ask um tomorrow. hmmm, now im curious as to what the other brand is that ou were mentioning. It is kinda too late as they are already in, but i would assume that the compRs are pretty good from what I've read....hmm if it happens again i might have to do that, hoping it doesnt though :)

Archived