vortec aftercooled or radix?

I hang out on Performancetrucks.net and thats where i see a large variety of FI and that is also where I see people complaining about aspects of their systems. This site is very Radix dominated but not as much on the other site.

At least they are relaible head units from my experience. I nevr had 1 issue with my old S-Trim on my Mustang.

I've been on the truck forums for quite some time and I dont know many people that were real happy with the centrifugals on stock trucks. I've seen more than enough Radix people who were happy with their results *shrug*

Its always common to see proponents of whatever type or FI they have on their trucks but having owned every power adder under the sun (Powerdyne, Paxton, Vortec, STS, N2o, Radix) on cars and trucks I would still say the Radix is the best package.

If you plan on other mods and wanna max out 1/4 mile then sure the centrifugals are better IMO and the turbo trumps them all.

One thing to look at though is if you want smog legal stuff you are gonna spend about the same amount of money on ANY kit unless you buy used. IE the Vortech wont be much cheaper thana Radix once you get the intercooler stuff and all the other junk you need to make it efficient.

The only kink to this is the 2wd part. With heavy rims it wont be an issue but at higher power levels the instant power of the Radix can lead to wheelspin. :)

I guess its just up to your own opinion, all I can really comment on is my own experiences. Ive never driven a radixed sss, but I have ran at the same track as one. I ran a 13.75 with the vortech and exhaust at the same track (almost the same weather conditions) as a radix sss with a 3.1" pulley ran a 13.99. There's a ton of guys on here that have the radix and love it, there isn't that many with the vortech, but I have yet to here of a vortech owner that wasn't very happy with it. Maybe the radix trucks seem faster because they have so much power down low out of the hole. Numbers dont lie though. Ill agree that turbo's overpower them all, but turbos come off as very hard to tune for and a pain in the butt IMO. I have no personal experiences with turbos, but that's how they come off to me. :dunno: AZFASTSS is almost in the 10's with the vortech with the stock SQ blower and stock 6L. :dunno:

I have a stock Radix kit and run a 13.8 in a 2500HD no less with a catback exhaust.

It's really kinda simple, for the street or street/strip type guys, average power will win in most or all cases. The throttle response and the off idle response of the Radix is second to none, period.

I don't buy the arguement that the Vortech is better for the street because of traction. Pure internet BS IMO. That's what your right foot is for, pedal modulation.

I'm not knocking the Vortech one bit, I just have issue with some of the common, albeit incorrect, reasons given for choosing one system over another.

For the street you'll be hard pressed to beat the Radix, and for more reasons than just max power, we all know that's not the end all, be all performance indicator.

holla :)

I've been on the truck forums for quite some time and I dont know many people that were real happy with the centrifugals on <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=stock%20trucks&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: stock trucks'; self.ql_skeyphrase='stock%20trucks'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='stock%20trucks'; window.status='Search for: stock trucks';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">stock trucks</a>. I've seen more than enough Radix people who were happy with their results *shrug*

Its always common to see proponents of whatever type or FI they have on their trucks but having owned every power adder under the sun (Powerdyne, Paxton, Vortec, STS, N2o, Radix) on cars and trucks I would still say the Radix is the best package.

If you plan on other mods and wanna max out 1/4 mile then sure the centrifugals are better IMO and the turbo trumps them all.

One thing to look at though is if you want smog legal stuff you are gonna spend about the same amount of money on ANY kit unless you buy used. IE the Vortech wont be much cheaper thana Radix once you get the intercooler stuff and all the other junk you need to make it efficient.

The only kink to this is the 2wd part. With heavy rims it wont be an issue but at higher power levels the instant power of the Radix can lead to wheelspin. :)

I guess its just up to your own opinion, all I can really comment on is my own experiences. Ive never driven a radixed sss, but I have ran at the same track as one. I ran a 13.75 with the vortech and exhaust at the same track (almost the same <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=weather%20conditions&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: weather conditions'; self.ql_skeyphrase='weather%20conditions'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='weather%20conditions'; window.status='Search for: weather conditions';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">weather conditions</a>) as a radix sss with a 3.1" pulley ran a 13.99. There's a ton of guys on here that have the radix and love it, there isn't that many with the vortech, but I have yet to here of a vortech owner that wasn't very happy with it. Maybe the radix trucks seem faster because they have so much power down low out of the hole. Numbers dont lie though. Ill agree that turbo's overpower them all, but turbos come off as very hard to tune for and a pain in the butt IMO. I have no personal experiences with turbos, but that's how they come off to me. :dunno: AZFASTSS is almost in the 10's with the vortech with the stock SQ blower and stock 6L. :dunno:

I have a stock Radix kit and run a 13.8 in a 2500HD no less with a catback exhaust.

It's really kinda simple, for the street or street/strip type guys, average power will win in most or all cases. The throttle response and the off idle response of the Radix is second to none, period.

I don't buy the arguement that the Vortech is better for the street because of traction. Pure internet BS IMO. That's what your right foot is for, pedal modulation.

I'm not knocking the Vortech one bit, I just have issue with some of the common, albiet incorrect, reasons given for choosing one system over another.

For the street you'll be hard pressed to beat the Radix, and for more reasons than just max power, we all know that's not the end all, be all performance indicator.

I dont remember ever saying that the vortech was better for the street. :dunno: I said there probably about the same for street purposes. Maybe your thinking of someone else. :dunno:

When you say that you ran a 13.8 with a catback and the radix (at a different track and different conditions than me) doesn't really mean anything to me. If you ran a 13.8 at the same track as me on the same day that's a different story.

I really dont see how the Vortech has been hyped up on the internet as you say. I think its the other way around. I think the radix has been pumped up to be the best kit on the market by far, but it doesn't back it up IMO. Dont get me wrong, I think its right up there with the Vortech, but I really dont get how its better at all. Price is about the same and the vortech outperforms it in performance from what ive seen. All I can think of that's better about the radix is the ease of installation. Im sure it doesn't take 14 hours to install a radix.

Dont take my comments personal, its just my opinion. :cheers:

I've been on the truck forums for quite some time and I dont know many people that were real happy with the centrifugals on <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=stock%20trucks&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: stock trucks'; self.ql_skeyphrase='stock%20trucks'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='stock%20trucks'; window.status='Search for: stock trucks';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">stock trucks</a>. I've seen more than enough Radix people who were happy with their results *shrug*

I guess its just up to your own opinion, all I can really comment on is my own experiences. Ive never driven a radixed sss, but I have ran at the same track as one. I ran a 13.75 with the vortech and exhaust at the same track (almost the same <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=weather%20conditions&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: weather conditions'; self.ql_skeyphrase='weather%20conditions'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='weather%20conditions'; window.status='Search for: weather conditions';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">weather conditions</a>) as a radix sss with a 3.1" pulley ran a 13.99. There's a ton of guys on here that have the radix and love it, there isn't that many with the vortech, but I have yet to here of a vortech owner that wasn't very happy with it. Maybe the radix trucks seem faster because they have so much power down low out of the hole. Numbers dont lie though. Ill agree that turbo's overpower them all, but turbos come off as very hard to tune for and a pain in the butt IMO. I have no personal experiences with turbos, but that's how they come off to me. :dunno: AZFASTSS is almost in the 10's with the vortech with the stock SQ blower and stock 6L. :dunno:

I'm not knocking the Vortech one bit, I just have issue with some of the common, albiet incorrect, reasons given for choosing one system over another.

I dont remember ever saying that the vortech was better for the street. :dunno: I said there probably about the same for street purposes. Maybe your thinking of someone else. :dunno:

When you say that you ran a 13.8 with a catback and the radix (at a different track and different conditions than me) doesn't really mean anything to me. If you ran a 13.8 at the same track as me on the same day that's a different story.

I really dont see how the Vortech has been hyped up on the internet as you say. I think its the other way around. I think the radix has been pumped up to be the best kit on the market by far, but it doesn't back it up IMO. Dont get me wrong, I think its right up there with the Vortech, but I really dont get how its better at all. Price is about the same and the vortech outperforms it in performance from what ive seen. All I can think of that's better about the radix is the ease of installation. Im sure it doesn't take 14 hours to install a radix.

I think we race at the same track, California Speedway? I could be wrong about that though.

I believe I met you briefly at the big SoCal GTG last year, nice truck btw.

What I disagree with is your logic, doesn't make sense to me.

no worries bro, no hard feelings here :thumbs:

Hopefully we can settle this at the track :)

I've been on the truck forums for quite some time and I dont know many people that were real happy with the centrifugals on <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=stock%20trucks&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=stock%20trucks&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: stock trucks'; self.ql_skeyphrase='stock%20trucks'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='stock%20trucks'; window.status='Search for: stock trucks';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">stock trucks</a>'; self.ql_skeyphrase='stock%20trucks'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='stock%20trucks'; window.status='Search for: stock trucks';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">stock trucks</a>. I've seen more than enough Radix people who were happy with their results *shrug*

I guess its just up to your own opinion, all I can really comment on is my own experiences. Ive never driven a radixed sss, but I have ran at the same track as one. I ran a 13.75 with the vortech and exhaust at the same track (almost the same <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=weather%20conditions&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=weather%20conditions&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: weather conditions'; self.ql_skeyphrase='weather%20conditions'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='weather%20conditions'; window.status='Search for: weather conditions';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">weather conditions</a>'; self.ql_skeyphrase='weather%20conditions'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='weather%20conditions'; window.status='Search for: weather conditions';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">weather conditions</a>) as a radix sss with a 3.1" pulley ran a 13.99. There's a ton of guys on here that have the radix and love it, there isn't that many with the vortech, but I have yet to here of a vortech owner that wasn't very happy with it. Maybe the radix trucks seem faster because they have so much power down low out of the hole. Numbers dont lie though. Ill agree that turbo's overpower them all, but turbos come off as very hard to tune for and a pain in the butt IMO. I have no personal experiences with turbos, but that's how they come off to me. :dunno: AZFASTSS is almost in the 10's with the vortech with the stock SQ blower and stock 6L. :dunno:

I think we race at the same track, California Speedway? I could be wrong about that though.

I believe I met you briefly at the big SoCal GTG last year, nice truck btw.

What I disagree with is your logic, doesn't make sense to me.

no worries bro, no hard feelings here :thumbs:

Hopefully we can settle this at the track :)

THanks for the compliments on the truck.

When I ran a 13.75 it was at carlsbad raceway. I was at 12.8-12.9 with the stock pulley before I sold the vortech kit. I think I could have hit 11's with more boost, cam and heads and more time to mess with the tune. It was a sad day when I sold my blower. I am building a N/A stroker motor now.

Archived