New Shift kit!!

Well i just took to SSS down to AZ automasters in Chandler and getting a shift kit put in and they had told me there was 3 stages that they could do and i just ended up telling them stage 3 will this make a big difference in in 1/4 mile or on 0-60? :D

damn well its been 2 days now and still dont have the SSS :banghead: Automasters are trying to get it done but they keep having a problem 2nd to 3rd shift and something like a valve body is sticking i wouldnt know i havent gone through Automatic trans class yet any advise? :confused:

i dunno they just keep tellin me they have a problem when shifting from 2nd to 3rd and feels soft they said also that there might line pressure loss? but damn zippy i think i might have screwed up do you thing 3 spacers might be too much for the stock trans i dont want to start breakin stuff?? :eek:

i dunno they just keep tellin me they have a problem when shifting from 2nd to 3rd and feels soft they said also that there might line pressure loss? but damn zippy i think i might have screwed up do you thing 3 spacers might be too much for the stock trans i dont want to start breakin stuff?? :eek:

sounds like they are not done yet, just have them pull em' out for a softer shift??

i don't think breakage will be the issue, but it will surely get annoying fast.

well just got off the phone with automasters and they are done they just told me to take it easy and break it in they think the 3-4 clutch pak might be goin bad? but they said i would be fine for a while?? :confused:

if you have not shot any N2o or any FI then why are your bands fried?? To me it sounds like it did not go in right and they broke it driving it trying to fix it :dunno:

espically if you have not had any problems before :dunno:

well been driving the truck for about 3 days and im getting some slippage from 2nd to 3rd any ideas  :banghead: 1st to 2nd shift is badass kicks hard  :)

bring it back and tell them to fix it. there is no reason for a soft 2-3 shift. two of my customers have broken the input drum on the 2-3 shift. (one on nitrous with cam and other mods and one with a radix at about 9psi and a cam). btw, are you programmed for a shift kit?

Archived