ford programing

PladdPezzPunk

I used a predator when I had my Lightning.

I'd call the tuner I bought it from, tell him my mods/symptoms/etc and he'd email me a tune. I'd download it from the PC to the predator, then upload it to the truck, then dyno it. I could get 4 or 5 tunes from him on email while I was on the dyno till we got it just right.

YMMV

there is a software out there that is just like efi live and hptuners. i'll see if i can find the name of it. i almost bought it myself to do work with. the downside to it is that it's very expensive. hptuners will be coming out with ford tuning also. i believe they are trying to get it out to the public by summer.

Here's what the Ford guys on pt.net say:

sct has a pro racer software package that lets you write your own programs with a laptop if you think you are ready using a laptop. The regular xcal has a software program that lets u email update and tweak ur tunes a lil

diablosport--superchips---hypertech--xcalibrator2.first three are the handhelds of course. that last being a handheld flash module as well. but. it can hold the stock tune as well as three performance tunes and can clear codes as well as read some perimeters.

Evidently the same options exist for either head combo

i am fairly informed on the chevy stuff but after talking about tuning and so on that i have with my ss he was wondering is there any tuners similar to brain or zippy only for the mustangs? so i figured if anyone had any input i could pass on...can you send out for a "mail-order tune" ? if so anyone here had any good bad or ugly reccomendations.. thanks in advance! :driving:

I don't especially care for f150online, I think nloc.net is a bit more balance, modular forums is also good and has a lot of stang information. Lots of info out there if you take your time and do the homework.

FWIW, as best I can tell, porting the blower is a bad thing as most people take off too much metal and the cases flex and impact the screws, but that's just an opinion....

Archived