1st to 2nd gear shift

CenWaSS

I recently purchased a superchip programmer. I am very happy with the increased performance. My problem is... the 1st to 2nd shift firmness is stiff as hell while cruising. I know I can reduce the firmness but I also love it when I stomp on the gas. Any ideas? How about a custom tune, are there bigger gains?

This site is great!

custom tune is the way to go no matter what you are looking for! Live tune is the best, but, if you don't have a dyno near you, or, one that will accept the wheelbase of the SSS, a mail order tune is the way to go. My suggestion?... Brian @ http://pcmforless.com/! Lookin @ ~35 wheelhorsepower and some good firm shifts!!!

-Korey-

i have a predator handheld and experienced the same thing.. you should be able to tune firmness at partial throttle and at wot... how long have you had it? go to a straight back road and get busy, it took me about 2 hrs and a qtr tank of gas to get what i wanted.... good luck

i highly recomend a custom tune over that. even without a shift kit you can set the trans up to shift much firmer under heavy throttle and mild under part throttle. running the line pressure high from pcm tuning can lead to a broken accumulator piston though. watch for that.

Running firmness through the programmer plus a shift kit installed is not good for the tranny.  The reason I ask.

i agree with you there for sure. it's a good question. :thumbs:

def get a custom tune whether its from brian from pcmforless or zippy, it will be well worth the money. Im sure the stiffness you feel is nothing compared to one of there tunes plus a good ol zippy shift kit. :chevy: My buddy had a jet chip tune and he thought his truck shifted so hard. Felt very stock to me so i let him ride my truck and he ordered a custom tune form brian the next day.

Archived