4l60e problems

Just put in my rebuilt trans, and when I put in drive or reverse in dies. Had a friend rebuild, that builds trans for living. Can't get a hold of him at this time. All parts came from Rock-On Transmissions(this is where the other trans came from). I bought truck already modified. Thinking it has close to a level 3 FLT trnas. Broke the output shaft into the plantetery gears, drum would not come out of the rear of housing. Had to get new case. Truck has about 410hp. It is full of fluid, but dies as soon as put in gear. Park and neutral working fine. It is like something is to tight. It also has the vaccum shift, i think that is what it is called. Has direct vaccumn going to it. Please help

Sounds like a bad Lock up Solenoid...

Pull pan

in front of valve body look for 2 10 mm bolts ,you will see a another solenoid blocking one of the bolts

unplug it pull the clip out of the bottom of the valvebody,pull out the solenoid

remove bolts ,pull out Solenoid and blow into the neck of it .if no air passes through it ,it's bad replace it .

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys need your help. Got the trans put back in today and guy said it is doing same thing. He said he replaced the t/c and tcc solenoid. Said tomorrow he is going to put some kind of shift box on it. Does this sound right or is this guy just blowing smoke up my ass and not know what he is doing? What else could it be? He seems to think it has something to do with the electronics. Please help so I don't get ripped off. I am starting to think I should have just bought a new trans from FLT. Thanks, Ross :banghead:

Talked to guy today and said that there is something sticking in the valve body. Does that sound right? Any help would be great. I am going over to his place tomorrow to see what really is going on.

Sounds like L/U valve in pump is stuck

Talked to guy today and said that there is something sticking in the valve body. Does that sound right? Any help would be great. I am going over to his place tomorrow to see what really is going on.

Sounds like L/U valve in pump is stuck

Had to boken springs behind valve. It is running fine and shifting good for the time being. Thanks for the help.

Archived