Cooler thermostat worth it??

rico750sxi

Yeah, I read that post. I keep changiing my mind on what PCM option to use. I'm leaning towards Westers now. I just don't want to have to bring the truck to the dealer for a crankshaft position relearn. I know very few trucks have to have it done but with my luck I'll be one.

Yeah, I read that post. I keep changiing my mind on what PCM option to use. I'm leaning towards Westers now. I just don't want to have to bring the truck to the dealer for a crankshaft position relearn. I know very few trucks have to have it done but with my luck I'll be one.

Can you explain a bit better what you mean by having to do a crank relearn?

There is a huge topic on www.fullsizechevy.com about which one is better. The owner of predator and Wester's actually go back and forth about the crankshaft relearn procedure and i think everyone over there agrees that you do not have to get it done as long as your SES light doesnt come on.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=73367

If the SES light does come on its nothing to worry about the you can take it to the dealer to get it done..

Is anyone using LS1edit with an SS yet. I went to the ls1edit site(well the site for the company that makes ls1edit) and they don't list it for the 2003 trucks. I think I'm getting a laptop soon and I was thinking about getting LS1 edit. Then I could really screw up my truck.

Then I could really screw up my truck.

That is what I am worried about as well, maybe one of these days one of the guys with the know how, Ehem (BigTex) will post exactly what needs to be programmed and how to do it for us that have no idea how to use a program like LS1 edit?

Then I could really screw up my truck.

That is what I am worried about as well, maybe one of these days one of the guys with the know how, Ehem (BigTex) will post exactly what needs to be programmed and how to do it for us that have no idea how to use a program like LS1 edit?

Sounds good! BigTex?? :D MN C5?? :D

Archived