Tail Gate Lcck.

edessa

I took my SS to the dealer the other day for a air bag problem and to get the wheel well trim put on the drivers side. I asked the service person to print me the build sheet for my truck. Under the option codes I saw the code AU3 which is the code for the programable power door locks. Next to that code, in parenthesis it states that it includes tailgate lock. The exact way it is written is:

AU3-(INCLUDES TAILGATE LOCK)

Does any one here have that option code, and does anyone know what a tailgate lock realy is and where it is located? The dealer had no clue and will be looking in to it. He will give me a call as soon as he finds something out. Hopefully I can find something out before he can.

Thanks, Edessa.

It is not the spare lock because it lists it as a seperate option (code R4Y).

I called GM just a few hours before the SilveradoSS.com site went down last week and they also show it in there computers for my vin number but could not tell me what it is and where it should be located. Te person I talked to said he will be giving me a call on Tue. the 9th to update me on what he has found so far.

I'm thinking that everyone else should find out if they have that option on there build sheet. They may have not have put it on at the factory by mistake, just like the wheel well trim on the drivers side.

Archived