JL subs fried again!

CraigW

Damn two more JL subs fried. I guess they couldnt take the beating I was giving them. I did not get another set, went with a set of High Excursion Audiobahn 12 inch subs instead. They sound good and hit harder than the JLs did.

132414520.jpg

what jl subs did you blow up twice? what kind of amp/power did you have running them? looks like a audiobahn amp from the pic, but can't tell for sure. audibahn just has such a bad reputation but the ricer community just LOVES the chrome on them lol.

i can't believe you like audibahn better than the JL subs? i've been using JL for YEARS and havn't found a sub that sounds better (imo).

fast4popper, MTX :( never liked em.

you could try a set of RE XXX's or SE's, i think you would be happy with those.

The subs were the JL 12w1. I have had other JLs in the past and no problems with them at all. I am considering a JL 500/1 amp to replace the audiobahn A8000T amp which now vibrates with the new subs. The 12w1 only rated for 150 rms I think I was giving them alittle more than that. The High excursion Audiobahn are rated at 550 watts RMS and 1100 watts total I tried them free and was pleasantly suprised at how they sounded and thye hit really hard. There is enough clearence under my seat about almost 2".

what jl subs did you blow up twice?  what kind of amp/power did you have running them?  looks like a audiobahn amp from the pic, but can't tell for sure.  audibahn just has such a bad reputation but the ricer community just LOVES the chrome on them lol.

i can't believe you like audibahn better than the JL subs?  i've been using JL for YEARS and havn't found a sub that sounds better (imo).

fast4popper, MTX :(  never liked em. 

you could try a set of RE XXX's or SE's, i think you would be happy with those.

I am with you on the MTX

• 2 weeks later...

im with Holty man... ive had my JLs for the life of my truck... NEVER had a problem... and they sound great... thats just odd to me... (mine are powered by a JL amp tho)

ive NEVER had anything but problems with MTX... their a company i could do without...

as far as kicker goes... HUGE fan... i love em... never had a problem... however JL is of a bit nicer quality/style i believe (just my 2 cents)

Archived