Airiad CAI problem

Holty

Hey guys, take a look at the pics i've attached of my airfilter on my Airaid CAI. This one little spot keeps getting really black from dirt. Also, the engine bay is always getting really dirty. Its weird though that one little spot on the filter is getting black with dirt while the rest of the filter is basically clean. let me know what you think.

P1010037.JPG

excessive use? It is kind of weird how its only dirty in one spot. have you tried cleanng it? if so does the same thing happen? doesent look to be much of a problem though i dont think it wis hurting anything!

How many miles since it's been cleaned? The other part of the filter element looks very clean, like it has not had to filter any particulate matter from the air. I would be afraid that the design of the system has all the intake air coming through a small section of the filter rather than spreading all the breathing across the whole element. I think I will check my Outlaw now...

Mr. P. :)

How many miles since it's been cleaned?  The other part of the filter element looks very clean, like it has not had to filter any particulate matter from the air.  I would be afraid that the design of the system has all the intake air coming through a small section of the filter rather than spreading all the breathing across the whole element.  I think I will check my Outlaw now...

Mr. P. :)

now that you mention it i think my outlaw filter had some spots that were far dirtier than other . i wonder if all intakes do this?

I put the Airaid on AFTER the Radix, so i'm guessing the Airiad has about 4k miles on it. i bought a new filter and pre filter for it. i'm going to rotate the filter though and see if it creates a new "black hole".

also, its weird because right at that black spot is where the hood shuts on it, so i would think that would recieve the least amount of air?

Archived