Accident

SoCalSS

why would Allstate need to be involved anyway?  thats not how insurance works.  since the other person completely admitted fault and is not going to file a claim with allstate, then they should not be involved.  since you filed a claim with mercury than thats all you need to do.  although, since you didn't get a police report, i would have made the person sign somthing saying they were at fault.  i personally would never even have called allstate.  they will make a note on your account that you called about a accident and that note will go on your "permanent record" for insurance.  it will drop off in i think 3 years though.

I didnt give allstate my policy number...just told them I was in an accident and they other driver is admitting fault. So it would be as id they never had known.

The shitty thing is, Mercury is saying it may take a while to get everything handled and I should go ahead and call allstate and have them repair the truck until Mercury gets further details. So i called Marcury's claims adjuster and left her a message stating if the driver who is insured with you guys is admitting fault, what is taking so long? and of course she hasnt gotten back to me at all today...

Ill keep you guys updated...

Never, evereverever drive away from the scene without a police report. Police reports make it soooo much smoother at getting the insurance company to pay it's not even funny. While you're waiting for the adjuster to call you, get quotes to fix the damage so that you're ready when they finally do call. That way, when you get the call you can at least be ready to roll...

why would Allstate need to be involved anyway?  thats not how insurance works.  since the other person completely admitted fault and is not going to file a claim with allstate, then they should not be involved.  since you filed a claim with mercury than thats all you need to do.  although, since you didn't get a police report, i would have made the person sign somthing saying they were at fault.  i personally would never even have called allstate.  they will make a note on your account that you called about a accident and that note will go on your "permanent record" for insurance.  it will drop off in i think 3 years though.

I didnt give allstate my policy number...just told them I was in an accident and they other driver is admitting fault. So it would be as id they never had known.

The shitty thing is, Mercury is saying it may take a while to get everything handled and I should go ahead and call allstate and have them repair the truck until Mercury gets further details. So i called Marcury's claims adjuster and left her a message stating if the driver who is insured with you guys is admitting fault, what is taking so long? and of course she hasnt gotten back to me at all today...

Ill keep you guys updated...

dude, do NOT let allstate fix your ride. that would mean filing a claim with them and there goes your rates and good driving record (no matter who is at fault). do you have the other drivers contact info? if so, give them a call and tell them that there insurance is giving you the run around. since they admitted fault, maybe they are good hearted people and call there insurance company to see what the deal is. doubt it, but its worth a try. next thing call mercury like 3 times a day every day until you get some answers. also, ask them to fax a copy of the claim info to you to show to your attorney (letting them know your serious, don't actually get a attorney,.....YET).

Sorry to hear about your accident man, I know how you feel. My car was just side swiped a couple weeks ago, someone slid on ice and got my drivers door and rear panel. Since it was 100% the other persons fault, their insurance is paying for everything and mine was never notified. I can't get to mad at the person who hit me because he is also a buddy of mine. :)

A few years ago I was sitting at a red light in the left turn lane when a 16yr girl got scared about something she saw and came accross two lanes and took out the entire side of my bed. We both pulled into the gas station that was at the light were she hit me and I called the police and their station was accross the street from the gas station we were at. Anyways, when I called the police they told me that they do not report to car accidents, they only report if someone needs to be taken to the hospital.

The 16yr who hit me didn't even have her drivers license and she called her parents and they got there within 5mins and her dad refused to let me turn the accident into their insurance, he even yelled at his kid for giving me their insurance card. He said he wanted to pay for the damage out of his pocket because he didn't want his insurance to go up. After playing around with him for 5 days I told him to go to hell and called his insurance to report him and his kid who didn't even have a drivers license.

I regret that I was that nice with the kids father and wish that I called his insurance right there on the spot because I could of gotten into some real trouble for doing what I did and I could of ended up having to pay for everything.

Thanks Holty,

The last accident I was in it was a wham bam thank you mam type deal...Because of how small the damage was i figured a cop would be useless...Now I know better... :banghead:

I called the guy a few hours ago and I assume hes still at work. If I dont get an answer by tomorrow, all hell will break loose on mercury, and this ...This is a joke... :mad:

Here is what my car looks like from the latest accident. Hard to tell in the pics, but the damage is all dented in:

P3050777.JPG

P3050782.JPG

And here is my buddies car:

P3050772.JPG

The accident wasn't that bad, but I'll be out my car for a week. :tear: Oh well, they are giving me a crappy rental to beat the hell out of for a week for free.

Here is what my car looks like from the latest accident.  Hard to tell in the pics, but the damage is all dented in:

P3050777.JPG

P3050782.JPG

And here is my buddies car:

P3050772.JPG

The accident wasn't that bad, but I'll be out my car for a week.  :tear:  Oh well, they are giving me a crappy rental to beat the hell out of for a week for free.

CWest,

Have you received any type of quotes on the repair? Im sure ours will be somewhat identical

SocalSS-

I used to work for Allstate Claims (10/04-12/05) as a liability adjuster and then an injury adjuster, and it seems kind of odd that they told you to go through the other person's insurance company.

When I worked there, accidents would always be reported regardless of fault, and we would work our side of the investigation and the other insurance will do their side. Until we got written confirmation, that the other insurance company accepted "full" liability for the accident, we did not close the claim. I say "full" because CA is a comparative negligence state. This means....when an accident occurs, sometimes both parties are found at fault via percentages. So, liability can be 20/80 or 70/30 or 50/50. If both sides dont agree, then the case goes to arbitration.

I "highly recommend" you call Allstate and file the claim and tell them everything. They'll take a recording and do a photo estimate and do the same for the other person. Either way, if Mercury decides that its comp neg, the claim will be reported and 9 times out of 10, the first company to start the investigation, wins.

Oh....most of you are wondering "why should you report to your company?" Well, why are you paying all that premium if you dont have your company work for you? You aren't going to be surcharged for a Not-At-Fault accident. Most people think that if you get your insurance company involved, then this gives them reason to raise the premium. I know for a fact how Allstate surcharges their customers because I worked there. If you're in a Not-At Fault accident, there is NO surcharge on your insurance. Now....if you're in a AT-Fault collision, first, you are surcharged for an accident. Then, you are surcharged on your damages. Then a surcharge on the damages to the other person. Oh, and if there is an injury involved?---Goood Luck. You're going to really feel how it is in "Good Hands". The surcharges generally last until 3-6 years.

Most of you probably dont read the fine print in your insurance policies that say "Report every accident to your insurance company" because if you don't, the insurance company can deny working on the claim because the accident wasnt reported timely. Furthermore, if i got an accident file for a 2 or 3 week old accident, it's hard to reconstruct the events and gather evidence to prove liability.

Think of it this way...its sort of like an ace up your sleeve if you have your insurance company work on a Not-At-Fault accident because if the third party carrier, in this case, Mercury, decides...Mr SoCalSS is comparatively at fault for the accident because he failed to blah blah blah...Allstate will step up and say, based on OUR investigation, your driver cant see shit and hit Mr.SocalSS. If you don't like it, we're taking this to arbitration.

Anyways, here's a list of what you should do if an accident occurs

Minor Accident

-----------------------

1) Make sure everyone in your car is ok. Do a quick, everyone ok? and get a vocal confirmation before jumping out the car. When you're jumping out, you should be on the cell calling 911. Tell them that you have just be involved in a collision and you need assistance ASAP. IF they tell you to stay on the line, tell them that you are trying to assess the situation and need a badge at the site ASAP and you need to go. Why? Because cops are to damn lazy to come out for any accident and a police report is gold to an investigation.

2) Try and flag any witnesses if you can. Trust me, it helps

3) Take down the license plate number of the other vehicle as soon as you can, THEN, ask if anyone was hurt in their car. COUNT how many passengers they have in their car.

4) Take pictures of the cars in the positions they are in. Keep a disposable in your glove or a cheap digital camera. Phone cams are ok, but looking at those pics on a computer and trying to make out details is sometimes hard. Take pics of damages, debris and skid marks. If you can move your cars, move them.

5) Get the Name, Address, ALL phone numbers and insurance information of the other person.

6) Call your insurance agent or company ASAP. Like I said, first one who reports almost always, wins.

Drive safe fellas.

Thanks Jase,

I called my agent on Monday and she said thanks for telling us but if it is the other gentleman's fault then we have no business in the arangement. His insurance company should do everything. I agree with you, when im paying them $2000 a year for insurance they should atleast take down the accident.

Anyways, the guy admitted 100% fault to the "office" adjuster which was nice...So hopefully with it being spring break and all I will get the truck fixed this week as long as the adjuster calls me back in a timely manner.

Cheers

Archived