GM offers worker 140K to leave

SoCalSS

I just have to say how proud I am to be associated with this forum!  Even though this issue has many "sides", and there is alot of passion, EVERYONE has remained respectful of each other's opinions.  None of the other forums that I belong to are anywhere near this civil.  This topic would have been "closed" after the first one or two opinions were posted.  And, the "name-calling" would have begun in the first post!

:withstupid:

I'm always impressed with how level this site stays... unless of course a Titan owner comes over talkin' smack... then all hell breaks loose. :jester:

Simple psychology: inferior truck = inferiority complex :lol:

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just have to say how proud I am to be associated with this forum!  Even though this issue has many "sides", and there is alot of passion, EVERYONE has remained respectful of each other's opinions.  None of the other forums that I belong to are anywhere near this civil.  This topic would have been "closed" after the first one or two opinions were posted.  And, the "name-calling" would have begun in the first post!

You're all a bunch of Ford lovers! :jester:

I can see both sides of this issue and I do agree that the buyout is probably one of the best options at this point. This issue hits two of my pet peeves. GM and lying. It's personal for me because many people in my family have put in many loyal years for this company and are now getting the shaft because of poor management while the upper management (mostly) that screwed up is walking away with millions. I know that's the way life is, but something just isn't right about it.

When I purchase a product from the automakers I agree to pay for that product usually over time. If I get myself into a situation where I can no longer afford to make those payments that I "promised" I either lose the product or go to jail. Either way I'm still responsible for those payments even if I go to jail. I can file for bankruptcy which ruins my name and credit rating but I cannot just walk away with lots of money in my pocket and tell them "too bad, you shouldn't have believed me and should have prepared for that." Why can they?

the deal sucks but it's the lesser of 2 evils(the other is GM go belly up). The fact that people can make so much money from a factory job amazes me. Maybe the people who work for Toyota(Georgetown, KY) make that much but not aroumd my area. Heck $12-$15 an hour is a good job around here(Harrodsburg,KY). Managment at GM is pretty messed up. :banghead:

Archived