Warranty work

BOB47

My warranty is about to run out so I thought I'd get a couple things fixed first. My easy exit seat does not work properly (goes forward and up :banghead: ) and my cd player quits after about an hour or so.

I know I've read somewhere on here that both can be easily fixed. My question is--Should I put my original pcm back in first? If the fix involves flashing the computer will it affect my pcm? I can live with these minor problems but would like to get them fixed if it won't mess up my programming from Bryan.

Anybody know? :dunno: Fuelslut? Zippy? Anyone?

you should be fine with the pcm in there. unless for some odd reason they have to do a reflash of your system which i see no reason why they would . worst case is you would lose you rtune but they wont have a clue that you have it in there.

swapping the pcm only takes a little bit so it may be worth it!

There is more than one computer in the truck; if a software reflash is required in your case they will only do the BCM (body control module); instruct the service manager to NOT reflash the PCM (powertrain control module).

Mr. P.

There is more than one computer in the truck; if a software reflash is required in your case they will only do the BCM (body control module); instruct the service manager to NOT reflash the PCM (powertrain control module).

Mr. P.

Thanks. :cheers: That's kind of what I figured but I wasn't sure.

Mr. P.

Thanks. :cheers: That's kind of what I figured but I wasn't sure.

Yes, there is a seperate memory module for the seat and mirrors. You should be good. The radio they'll probably do an exchange unit. They're pretty redily available.

Archived