wheel painting

trialsman

Guys,

Got an '06 SSS, Onyx Black with the Chrome OE 20's. Standing and looking at the wheel everything behind the chrome is visible. Chevy painted the back part of the wheel a silver or light gray color.

I'm thinking of taking them off, masking accordingly and spraying them black. Probably something between a gloss and a flat color.

Do you think it would be worth the effort?

Could someone photoshop a wheel with the back blacked so I could see what it would look like?

• 4 weeks later...

i painted mine a few months back, around october i think, but i does make em look sweet hiding a lot of the crap. i think it brings out the chrome too. if you do it, it takes a lot of prep: cleaning, but taping off is the worst part. i used brake clean, then adhesion promoter, then a flat high temp black. hasn't peeled or started to wear off yet.

i painted mine a few months back, around october i think, but i does make em look sweet hiding a lot of the crap.  i think it brings out the chrome too. if you do it, it takes a lot of prep: cleaning, but taping off is the worst part. i used brake clean, then adhesion promoter, then a flat high temp black. hasn't peeled or started to wear off yet.

Do you have any pics?

sorry, no pics. but i forgot to add that i had the nasty looking wheel weights moved from the outside of the rim to the inside and the black hides those as well.

Archived