Corsa Exhaust Story

waynefi

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around this sight for awhile, because of my interest in finding ideas and what kind of "stuff" is available for my 03 Silverado. Mine is not a SS, but much of the info applies. I like the SS's , but just felt for a variety of reasons I was better to go standard Silverado. My 69 GTO that I have had for 20 years offers me plenty of options for heavy duty performance mods. But I still like to do "some" stuff to my 5.3l Silverado.

One of several plans was for a Corsa Exhaust system. Corsa happens to be about 15 minutes from me. My wife has a connection to Corsa through the Chevy Dealer she does work for, and had talked to Jim Browning Sr. a few times.

We went over to see Jim Sr. and Corsa today. They have a real nice new modern facility. He came out to see us, and is one heck of a gentleman. He knew we wanted to hear a Corsa on a Silverado, and went and got a set of keys for a Silverado in the parking lot. It was a 01 5.3L, with the dual 4" tips out the back. He not only gave us the keys to hear it, he let us take it for a ride ! Just as advertised it was quiet inside while cruising, yet had a nice performance sound to it. We were sold, and hope to have the time in the next week or so to get one installed. I also read some talk on here about HP gain or lack of. I will not speak for Corsa, but I understood dyno testing to show HP gains on trucks with the Corsa vs. stock. I would call and ask if really curious. They are doing a lot of work on all this. To finish the visit, Jim Sr. took me for a rather "spirited" ride in his 492HP 97 Corvette, that they do a lot of testing with. Now I'm sure Corsa can't take the time to do this one on one with everybody, but my Wife had a lot of conversation with Jim Sr., and he did as promised and then some. This is a class operation, and certainly worthy of a look when considering a performance exhaust.

Nice people for sure. I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go with the exhaust , out the side with the double 4" tip, or out the back with either the 4" or double 3.5" ? Any opinions here ? The Corsa tips are real nice. I thought I wanted the double 3.5" out the back. But recently saw a single side exit with the double 4". The side exit looked and sounded pretty good. :confused:

As far as the Vette ride, that thing ran sweet. He put in cruise at on point to show me how quiet it was cruising

Archived