Wife's new car

pnblwzd

As some of you might have read, I was selling the Baer brakes off my wife's Escalade recently. Well, the 'Slade is gone and on Sat we went and picked up her new mommy-mobile. She got a Mercedes R500 sports-touring wagon, with a 300hp V8, 7 speed auto trans w/paddle shifters, panoramic roof, navigation, black/black, wood wheel, etc etc.

Wow, we've never owned anything quite like this before. Talk about a library car, especially after driving the SS :crazy:

post-4756-1144108904_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words all!

The lower brake vents are similar to the SS, plus it actually has 2 ducts going forward from each side of engine top to the grille to ram air in.

Oh yeah, it's also AWD (or 4-matic as they call it). More pics...

post-4756-1144110014_thumb.jpgpost-4756-1144110033_thumb.jpgpost-4756-1144110046_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of my daughter "Behind the wheel" (sorry, couldn't resist).

post-4756-1144110779_thumb.jpg

Cute kid :thumbs:

Congrats on the new ride. The only thing that bugs be about the R class is how much it resembles a minivan, I'm just not a minivan guy. But its a nice roomy, powerful and luxurious Benz. Did you find the new ml 500 too small?

As some of you might have read, I was selling the Baer brakes off my wife's Escalade recently.  Well, the 'Slade is gone and on Sat we went and picked up her new mommy-mobile.  She got a Mercedes R500 sports-touring wagon, with a 300hp V8, 7 speed auto trans w/paddle shifters, panoramic roof, navigation, black/black,  wood wheel, etc etc. 

Wow, we've never owned anything quite like this before.  Talk about a library car, especially after driving the SS  :crazy:

Congrats man, very nice car. :cool:

Mr. P. :)

We liked the R over the ML because it is roomier. The ML had similar leg/interior room to the Escalade, which meant if people were in the back seat then the front seats had to move forward. I'm 6-1 and like to have a comfotable "lean" when I drive, so moving the seat forward was not good.

The back side doors on this car are very long (about 4 feet) almost limosine like, and they open almost perpendicular to the body making for very easy in and out with the baby seat etc. Plus, the BACK seats recline and move fore/aft as well as the front. Are you listening to this GM?

J

Archived