SS, Hemi, Lightning.

loneranger

Just read a comparo in Sport Truck mag , good article. Each truck has its own strengths and weaknesses, but one thing that jumped out at me is how much MORE $ the SS is compared to the other 2 trucks. I think it's a bad move by GM pricing it so high. The SS looks way better, inside and outside, than the other 2. I bet if the price were similar the SS would be a much beter seller. The L has a serious drawback of being only a reg cab. The Ram looks fugly, but if optioned out with the Hemi engine, and decked out inside with leather & other comfort options, I'd be willing to overlook the fugly nose. And it can be had with a crew cab.

The Ram looks fugly, but if optioned out with the Hemi engine, and decked out inside with leather & other comfort options, I'd be willing to overlook the fugly nose. And it can be had with a crew cab.

To each his Own.. I like the way the Ram looks myself. Liked it right off as a matter of fact. The new Chevy styling took me a while to warm up to. And some die hard Chevy guys were :puke: puking about how Chevy messed up the styling on the 03's.

I don't think the SS is a bad deal at all

Ext Cab LT 4x4

$36,875.00

Silverado SS Ext Cab

$40,425.00

$3550 for 20's, Engine/Tranny upgrade, AWD, and body kit.

It would cost way more to do all that aftermarket.

Plus it has had rebates from pretty much day one.

About the Dodge...

And it can be had with a crew cab.

Make sure you check out that so called "crew cab" I got in one at the autoshow. Its the size of an extended cab back there. GM crew cabs have plenty of room.

Not a drawback if you have one or less friends...

LOL.....................too funny, Ghost. :D

To each his Own.. I like the way the Ram looks myself.

I LOVE the way the new sport Ram looks. With the 22 inch wheels, tasteful hood scoop etc. I think their design did one helluva job on that new truck. I still like our SS better as it's more practical but I wish GM had done a little more to show that it's supposed to be a "sport truck." Dual exhaust for starters, a tasteful (and I stress tasteful) hood scoop etc.

I agree Lee, GM could have done a number of things to differentiate the Silverado SS form all the other models available. I personally would have liked ground effects hood scoop and a small spoiler as well as a true dual exhaust straight out the back through the vented bumper. Everyone is different but I would love to have gotten that. :sigh: Oh and also would have REALLY loved it if GM had made the SS a crew cab!! :cool::cool: And have offered a couple more color choices White and Silver or some 2-tone combo’s like blue and silver, red and white, black and white or black and red. You know like they use to do in the past make the SS’s a special order with options. :thumbs:

I want my cake and eat it too… :sigh: I am happy though really I am. :)

I LOVE the way the new sport Ram looks. With the 22 inch wheels, tasteful hood scoop etc. I think their design did one helluva job on that new truck. I still like our SS better as it's more practical but I wish GM had done a little more to show that it's supposed to be a "sport truck." Dual exhaust for starters, a tasteful (and I stress tasteful) hood scoop etc.

Don't know that I love the way they look but I DO really like them!! At one point,

I seriously considered a Durango, very sharp SUV!!

Your right Lee, you'd think GM would have put Silverado SS and dual exhaust in the

same sentence. Guess you just have to take some things into your own hands! :D

Archived