Wester's Installed!!

ericwf

Installed Wester's PCM today. I appreciate what Lyndon did with the shift points.

No noticable difference from a dead stop but when it hits 2nd and 3rd, there is

a noticable performance boost!! The shift points are firmer and quicker. Also when

punching it at speeds above 70, theres a noticable increase in acceleration over the

stock PCM.

The truck feels more aggresive when reaching 100mph (yes, I had Lyndon remove

the cutoff but I was coming up on traffic).

Will update after I've run it a week or so.... :chevy:

Pretty impressive arent they??

I'm running my truck to the dyno on Tuesday and gonna dyno it stock and with the Wester's. The gain is very noticeable and i'm looking forward to putting numbers to the feel.

:chevy:

I take it, you do not own a SS? It's not in your profile.

Pretty impressive arent they??

I'm running my truck to the dyno on Tuesday and gonna dyno it stock and with the Wester's.  The gain is very noticeable and i'm looking forward to putting numbers to the feel.

:chevy:

I take it, you do not own a SS? It's not in your profile.

2003 SCSB Silverado LS 4.8 5-Speed Manual.

Not an SS, but on a Police officers salary I can't afford a 40k pickup. Its alright though, the LS has all the luxary I need and the 5-Speed puts me just a hair faster than the SS stock to stock (not to mention its fun to drive). :thumbs:

(course i'm not stock anymore). :chevy:

Anyway as a fellow Wester's owner I wanted to give some input as well. The new PCM is far superrior to the Hyperping, Proflash, or the Diablo.

5 Days with Wester's installed - With only street use I have experienced a definite

increase in acceleration and much smoother shifting at 2nd and 3rd. On the way

home from work today, entering traffic from a side street I had a small entry window,

so I punched it. I was shocked how quickly I was up to speed. The shift from 1st to

2nd was exquisitely smooth and efficient. I'm confident from my experience today and

over the past few days that the Wester's PCM has improved acceleration and

performance of the truck. My gas mileage has improved by 1/10th of a mile per gallon

(at this point), don't purchase it expecting a big improvement in gas mileage!

Is it worth the price?! If the truck performs well with normal shop visits, I think it is.

$600 over a 3 to 5 year period is a small price to pay for the added enjoyment and

plain, old silly faced :D s this PCM will provide!!

Survey says: :thumbs:

Archived