DYNO NUMBERS

BRUTONMOTORSPORTZ

I had my 04 VHO dynoed today on a Mustang Dyno. The numbers were

283.5 @ 4542 RPM/ 112.9 mph

370.1 @ 3115 RPM/ 72 mph

My mods are Radix and B/B exhaust. These numbers seem low but I do not know considering the RPMs are down. The operator told me that my speed limiter was at 120 mph so it quit climbing there. Any advise is appreciated.

Also my 1998 Z28 with 103,000 miles did 267.3 @ 5304 RPM/ 113.9 mph and 289.9 @4070 rpm / 87 mph. Lid and exhaust only.

What went wrong if anything? Advise please?

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'd have it checked before I got into it much with it running that bad. With my programming I did an SSS on an AWD dyno that put down 281@4900 to all 4 wheels with the only performance mods being a thermostat and my program.

I am with Zippy on this one. You are about 100 HP short on that Dyno run. I think it is time for monitoring software to see more about what is going on. It would be a good Idea to check the manifold bolts torque setting as this has been a problem area with Radix installs. Now is the time to begin to list all the setting of your install,

Type of plugs and gap

How much boost

Fuel pressure

Type of fuel

Are you getting KR

If the dyno gave you true readings, there is a major problem and be very careful driving until you get a handle on this.

CD

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'd have it checked before I got into it much with it running that bad. With my programming I did an SSS on an AWD dyno that put down 281@4900 to all 4 wheels with the only performance mods being a thermostat and my program.

:withstupid:

becareful you dont want anything bad to happen to your engine. you should get some more info and who everput it in should be accuntable if they did any harm loading it on the dyno and not checking if it was getting enought fuel while doing the run and not trying to max out if it is not right :nono:

keep on it, the radix really likes tweaking to get it just right.

Ok I will stay on top of this one. I know they did the run in second gear if that matters. I thought it was odd that the torque would be way up there and the hp down. Maybe the damn thing was not even run correctly on the mustang dyno???? I would rather it be that then something major. I have had it on the truck for almost a year now and not noticed anything crazy. Seats of the pants is there. Fuel mileage is normal for the application 17 mpg. Plugs and wires are factory with about 26000 on the truck. Charger went on at 11000 I believe. I never installed a boost gauge, that may come now. I will check the manifold bolts to.

I thought I would add that my friend had his 2003 Auto Mach 1 done also. The best it done was 220.8 hp @ 5019 Rpm/ 68 mph and 237 tq @ 3899. I thought this was knda low for the Mach also.

Maybe it was operator era on the part of the dyno operator.

Could it be possible that the truck was not making good contact with the rollers on the dyno? The sensor that was hooked up under the hood by the operator did not work right so he finally hooked a different sensor under the truck. Does that have anything to do with the low numbers? What about the truck weight and horsepower at 50 numbers that were entered into the computer. He just pulled them out of the air. I figured he knew more about it then me. Does all of this effect the final outcome?

Ok I will stay on top of this one. I know they did the run in second gear if that matters.

Makes a difference. A 2nd gear pull and being on a mustang will show lower #'s but they still seem low to me. :dunno:

seems way low but also seems they dyno guy mite not have been good either

I was very impressed with the effort it took to load an SSS onto the rollers. no small effort, it was so close to being too big so you HAD to know what you are doning somewhat to get it on in the first place. Second the weight is important to how much it loads the car, if he put in the wrong value you could get screwed there and last the hook up was propably (hopefully) an o2 sensor to make sure he did not run lean. and last when I was getting dyno'd zippy had to put in a special dyno run program to make sure we did not go into OD so the tune was changed to get the most power,which is another area where it could have been dyno operator error...I did not notice how long you had the radix on :dunno:

I would what to see a wideband #'s while you are driving :dunno:

*****************Update************************

I checked all of my mainifold bolts that hold the charger to the top of the engine. All of them had play in them. I was able to turn each one of them tighter. I took it out for a test drive and did not notice as much charger whine as in the past. Still has the whine but not as prodominate as before. The truck revs much faster now too.

Could this have been my problem all along????????????

I guess I will not know for sure until I get back on the dyno.

It a MUSTANG dyno, lying to you cuz its a cheby :jester:

There was a laborer named Jose on my construction site last summer ... and when he had to fill out his equipment checklist ... he actually wrote down Cheby for the equipment type. Unfortunetly he was joking around :crackup:

Archived