New Article in Hot Rod.....(SCSB SS)

DemonSilverado

The latest issue of Hot Rod magazine has a brief writeup about the Regular Cab SS they have featured from time to time.

Basically they have said that according to one of their "inside sources" the Regular Cab SS that created such a sensation will "NEVER see the light of day."

They had originally thought it might see production in late 2004 or 2005. However this was meerly speculation. And now it appears that they were incorrect and that this supertruck will never make it into the hands of the general public.

The did however show a new one-off LS-6 powered truck that GMMG may very well produce.

Just thought i'd update folks, since so many on this board wanted to know about the SCSB SS.

Remember next time you see the SCSB SS and think its gonna go into production all you have to do is a little bit of research. It amazed me how many people went nuts when the truck was featured in Hot Rod. :thumbs:

chevy has been teasing us with a cool hot rod truck. after waiting

since august 02 woodard dream cruise showing, I have given up on

chevy producing that truck. I am really disappointed in all of the magazine

hype and also the possibility of production chances. I have had numerous

(to many to name or count)the conversations with my dealer about that truck

going to be produced.I just gave up. I really was waiting in the wings to place

my order. I have always been a loyal chevy customer. I just purchased an

03 Z06 corvette as a weekend driver, but I am still very disappointed about the

way chevy has shown the reg cab SS as possible production. I think chevy really

sucks big time, and after my last purchase, I will not be a future customer. they

showed a great concept truck with the same driveline two different times. sorry

chevy, but enjoy the concepts yourself. you lost a customer, which hopefully

many will not go for the awd x-cab at 40k plus. It just does not fit the build for all

of us that was waiting for the reg cab SS.

.....which hopefully many will not go for the awd x-cab at 40k plus.
These were the reasons for most of us buying. Don't wish they stop production of the current one, just because they didn't produce the one you wanted. I would love to see them produce the reg cab version myself, but I got what I needed. Sorry you didn't.

Archived