WRX...boy was he suprised!

Bowtie70SS

I made it to the track tonight, for the first time since my Radix install. My times weren't terrible, but I think it's got more in it. I have the early Setrab heat exchanger mounted in front of the radiator. I have a 24x7x3 aluminum heat exchanger on the way (if the dude ever sends it). Anyhow my IAT's were in the 150 range when I raced which I thought was kinda high for a 70 degree night. I'm gonna mount the new heat exchanger down low in the lower grille opening.

My first race was against the scourge of the street...Subaru WRX. I hate those worse than Dodges. Anyhow him and his buddy in a S2000 were BSing and he had a flock of his buddies around. We got up to the lights and it was on! I left first, and my truck pulled pretty hard. I kept waiting for him to gain and he never did, I actually pulled on him. I think he was very suprised as was the guy at the tower who handed me my timeslip. My friend who was in the stands said that guys' buddies about shit because they couldn't believe I beat him. My friend also said that the blower sounded awesome, and lots of people commented on how good the truck ran. I'm happy but I think it has some more in it. My race weight was 5750lbs with me in it and almost 3/4 tank of fuel, Gaylord speedstur, speaker box, etc. I don't think I did too shabby, and I creamated the old RCSB Chevy. What a fun night...except it started raining and we had to leave. Also, I am #490 and I ran a 13.877 and a 13.880 bracket racing here I come.Later

Dave

Dave

post-7081-1145073206_thumb.jpg

Archived