Confusion with Belltech 2/2 drop

Simon

Hi I'm new to this forum and I've been reading a lot these past weeks. Lots of helpful information :thumbs: .

Ok, I bought a Belltech 2/2 drop I replaced the front torsion keys and the front shocks. Changed the rear shackles and the rear shocks. The rear was sitting lower than the front so I had to turn the adjutment bolts all the way out wich gave me a poor quality ride. It was ridiculous, the rear shocks were stiff like bars. I had to put back the stock shocks in the back to get a decent ride. One shock was blown when I took them out.

Just received the new set on guarantee from Belltech but they seem to be the exact same thing than the last ones. Except that they gave me a stud wich goes through the upper mount and it's designed to fit only on one side of the vehicle's bracket. :banghead:

My feeling is that they gave me the wrong set of shocks for the rear and it's designed for a heavier truck...parts number for the front is 10004 and the rear is 10506.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

The correct Belltech part numbers for the SS mono-tube Nitro Active shock is 10018 for the front and 10572 for the rear. You have shocks made for a C-10. With the torsion keys up front you should not need to adjust the bolt all the way out. Are you sure they were clocked right when installed? Call me at Belltech, I will be glad to help you in person 1-800-445-3767 ext 140.

Regards,

Eric

The correct Belltech part numbers for the SS mono-tube Nitro Active shock is 10018 for the front and 10572 for the rear. You have shocks made for a C-10. With the torsion keys up front you should not need to adjust the bolt all the way out. Are you sure they were clocked right when installed? Call me at Belltech, I will be glad to help you in person 1-800-445-3767 ext 140.

Regards,

Eric

:withstupid: He's the man!!! :thumbs:

Archived