Zaino ?

vdrumright

Here's what I bought a while back (one of each):

Z-2™ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes

ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive

Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray

Z-7™ Show Car Wash

You can get by with just the Z-2 polish, but be prepared to wait a while for it to dry. Humidity has a great impact on drying time without using ZFX.

If you've waxed your vehicle before this, you'll need to strip that wax off before using Zaino. Most people use a strong detergent like Dawn Ultra to get previous coats of wax off.

After that, wash with Z-7 (Zaino Car Wash). Not 100% necessary, but what the hell!

Some people use Z-5 if they have an older vehicle that has already developed swirls.

After that, mix a few drops of ZFX + Z-2 in one of the supplied mixing bottles and then apply. Use a very, very thin layer of this stuff. Spread the stuff so thin you think there's nothing there (believe me a little goes a long way.

After letting it sit for a few minutes (with ZFX the stuff dries almost instantly), wipe it off using clean 100% cotton terry cloth (good) or microfiber towel (even better).

If you really want it to shine at this point go over the vehicle with a light spray of Z-6, doing small areas each time. This also helps if you are going to apply a second coat of Z-2.

Repeat the ZFX + Z-2 process for a 2nd coat (lasts much longer).

In my experience with three vehciles now using Zaino:

1) Mixing the ZFX + Z-2 is childs play and takes all of about 60 seconds. For the SS I use between one-half and two-thirds of the mixing bottle worth of Z-2 and 5-6 drops of ZFX. Shake well.

2) First time putting Z-2 on takes a little effort, primarly because I'm not used to applying the stuff so thinly. But that's one of the keys to using Zaino, do not overapply (just makes it harder to buff it all out in the end).

3) Assuming you apply it thinly and it is dry, wiping it off is the definition of easy.

4) Second coat of Z-2 goes on smooth and easy, almost too easy!

If you're interested in "deep" cleaning with a clay bar, read this:

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...WC&Store_Code=Z

Even brand new vehicles can benefit from this, especially if you spot rail dust or other contaminants on the paint (rail dust comes from transporting them via rail road and I read somewhere that 60 - 70% of all vehicles are moved via rail).

• 3 weeks later...

You can actually order straight from the site now..

I use ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7.... claybar the most...this is what I do

you start with washing it down with Dawn

then claybar using the car wash Z7 as a lubricant

then Z2w/ZFX.. then Z5 w/ ZFX at times if there are swirlies.. :D then in between with Z6

:chevy: For something easy to use try Finish Firsh Polish..

Check out this web sight www.finishfirstpolish.com

I will vouch for the products.. I have been using it for about 5 years on corvettes and trucks.. After the first couple of coats, the paint begins to look about 2 inches deep !! and dirt and bugs etc, just wipe off... It sure makes my Black SS shine.. If i was of the inteligent type I would post a picture, but I'm pretty much PC Dumb..... Try the web sight - I think their prices are in line and like I said - if you try it you will like it !! Let me know if any of you have tried the polish, and your opinions of the results.

Good lick...

Thanks for the heads-up. I was not aware of the different components. I am still using up my last order of Zaino products, so I haven't been on their site for a while. I too will vouch for Zaino. Great products. I also just saw an independant study that picked Zaino as the number one synthetic polish.

Archived