Running from the cops...

montanass

bikes are cool and all.....and i understand that whole "need to ride" but i dunno i know to many ppl and seen to much crazy stuff to even think about hoping in one

bikes are cool and all.....and i understand that whole "need to ride" but i dunno i know to many ppl and seen to much crazy stuff to even think about hoping in one

Yeah ... You also live in God's Waiting Room ... You know some Q-Tip with the blue blockers on will just wipe you out on her way to the Early Bird Special.... :thumbs:

First off. let me say that running from the police is stupid. That being said, my friend and I ran from a cop when we were both much younger and dumber. Time and place are everything. We took off racing and a cop pulled in behind us and turned on the lights. Unfortunately for him we were about 500 ft. from the entrance to an area of approx. 6 square miles of dirt trails, woods and fields. We both got on it and turned into this area which we knew like the backs of our hands. The cop actually tried to follow and ended up getting stuck. :D With numerous ways to exit the area it was no problem to get away.

Nowdays I would never try and run. Even on a dirt bike. Too many bad things can happen. Running on surface street or the expressway is just asking to die or be very seriously hurt. And the odds on getting away are just not in your favor.

Running from the cops on the interstate is stupid because there is a limited route of escape, but on normal roads with lots of roads crossing each other it is pretty easy to get away especially on a bike. Most of the time the chase is over in a few seconds, even if a cop does radio in, by the time anyone responds you could be down one of 10 roads and who knows how many neighborhoods. I ran once when I had my 95 GT, I was racing a supercharged Harley Davidson F-150 at like 2 in the morning when a cop tagged me at like 90 in a 45 on a state highway. When I saw him turn the lights on I just downshifted and got up to about 145 running from him he disappeared int ot the rear view pretty quick and I turned down a road and into a neighborhood got out of my car and had a friend pick me up.

Running from the cops on the interstate is stupid because there is a limited route of escape, but on normal roads with lots of roads crossing each other it is pretty easy to get away especially on a bike. Most of the time the chase is over in a few seconds, even if a cop does radio in, by the time anyone responds you could be down one of 10 roads and who knows how many neighborhoods. I ran once when I had my 95 GT, I was racing a supercharged Harley Davidson F-150 at like 2 in the morning when a cop tagged me at like 90 in a 45 on a state highway. When I saw him turn the lights on I just downshifted and got up to about 145 running from him he disappeared int ot the rear view pretty quick and I turned down a road and into a neighborhood got out of my car and had a friend pick me up.

People who run from the cops should get madatory beatings.  And have it played on the 5:00 news. :D

Hey Nobody said ford owners were smart!!! :jester:

When you own something that can actually outrun a Crown Vic maybe you will understand.

Yeah that is true.... But the unless the operator can "Actually Drive" and I don't mean all of the horse-crap you use to show off to your friends.... I will get you. Speed alone doesn't mean your going to win.

Archived