Oh my goodness, Help Please Quick

cstchevy

I'm not arguing with you.. but when it says can take them from one side to the other is understandable because it would then rotate in the other dirrection. If you get them dismounted and flipped and switch the side of the truck the tire will still be rotating the same dirrection. How is the tire going to know if it's on one side or the other? and when they are all switched no one other than those you tell will know the tires are mounted differently than intended. Isee no reason why this couldn't be done. They shouldn't wear any different because they will still rotate in the correct dirrection. I also don't see a problem up front with steering because weather the tire goes right or left it's 50/50 right and left. The tire company doesn't care they just wanna make $$$.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you, and that might just be what happens, I was actually thinking about what I was talking about above and if I don't like it it will still be black enough not to see and flip that side around to facing the back. WIth their statement I thought you could put them anyway, but it freaked me out when it actually said this side out and this side in. It had me dumb baffled also. Hell the whitewall wasn't on their website either, shit who knows what their talking about now, I know the one of the engineers their didn't know shit. That's a fact!

whatwow its the 420 and they have a white wall , i need to see pics of this!!? i agree with jon put them on thie side facing the black!

edit now that i see its the 420 i dont know if i would mount them backwards!

exactly, that will really change what the tire is doing and the ride. their awesome tires and it jsut happens that only in 295/50 do they come with a white wall and that is the only way they come. so If you guys get them get the 305/50 for the 20's and so on everything else is ok as far as I know. the only reason I am considering trying ot cover the whitewall is because it's only 1/2inch tall and flush with the tire rubber, I have no idea why they did this.

I'll check back i the morning.

If they are black on the other side you can flip them around and still have them flow the way that they are supposed to.

:withstupid: Put the rights on the left side and the lefts on the right side. No I don't mean take the wheels off and just move them. You will need to dismount the tires and have them swapped or just flip the tires over and remount them on the same wheel but then install the wheel on the other side of the truck.

:withstupid: they should be black on the other side.... dunno any tire companies who put white walls/letters on both sides.

NITTO S

Ok this is suppose to be the 3 different views from a different website.  See the tread pattern?  the big grooves have to go inside, the tires are actually marked with an inside and outside, they have a wheel protector lip on them and stuff.  They told me if I did switch them around they would ride and wear like crap. :nonod:

not tryin to be an assh*le but that tire's tread pattern doesnt look directional... :dunno: you shouldnt have a problem mounting them the other way.

whatwow its the 420 and they have a white wall , i need to see pics of this!!? i agree with jon put them on thie side facing the black!

edit now that i see its the 420 i dont know if i would mount them backwards!

You wouldn't really be mounting them backwards they would still rotate in the correct dirrection.who cares what side of the tread is where??? It shouldn't matter as long as the rotation of the tire is in the right dirrection.

EDIT: Read this carefully!!!

Many SUV tires are directional meaning that they cannot be rotated from side to side only front to back.

The Nitto 420S non-directional tread design gives you the freedom to rotate the tires front, back, and side to side.

The first paragraph says "many" not nitto 420s

After reading the second I would say mount them any way you want.

Yeah that is what i said last night also .. but after further review I am thinking that it means rotate the wheel ... no the rubber.

Kinda like mudder tires ... have the extra siping and big lugs on the outside lip so you can dig through mud and snow easier. NITTO probably has the tread designed in a way that they want that specific part of the tread on the outside for some reaon ( performance ... safety ... some other reason ).

Yeah, get a flouresent red fuzzy dash cover, some chromed wheel well strips, add some curb feelers, and one of those visor things over the windshield. And don't forget some custom airbrush work.

P001898.jpg

:lol:

Archived