AWD 4L80E conversion

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm, i am going to neeed a new tranny soon, does anyone know the drivline loss , 4l65e compared to a 4l80e! it says that 80e can take 700 hp , im going to for at least 700 hp so im thinking i may need better than that 80! i saw this over on perftrucks.net i thought it was too good to be true, what do we do about the programming though?

Thats great and all but that different output shaft for the trans has been out for a long time. Now but your just making a weak point to break something because you are still basically using the 4l60 output shaft. The whole point of going with the 4l80 is it has much stronger hard parts in it. This is why you would want to upgrade the inputshaft in the t-case to make the larger 80e outputshaft mate up with it. They also don't quite sound like they have the programming figured out and sound like they are just trying to get some product out. But give it a shot and see how far you can get with it.

so for our trucks which one would we need/get? the t.case gear change or the trans shaft change?

the price dosnt seem bad at all being that it includes the trans as well as the converter etc. etc. etc. :dunno:

Thats great and all but that different output shaft for the trans has been out for a long time. Now but your just making a weak point to break something because you are still basically using the 4l60 output shaft. The whole point of going with the 4l80 is it has much stronger hard parts in it. This is why you would want to upgrade the inputshaft in the t-case to make the larger 80e outputshaft mate up with it. They also don't quite sound like they have the programming figured out and sound like they are just trying to get some product out. But give it a shot and see how far you can get with it.

good point jon, im going to bring that up! but they do have two versions of it , a gear change in the t case or an output shaft change on the 80

good point jon, im going to bring that up! but they do have two versions of it , a gear change in the t case or an output shaft change on the 80

Yeah they have the gear change for the 4wd t-case which is completely different, the parts aren't even close and I read they are doing the trans outputshaft for the AWD deal because I gaurantee they don't have that shaft for the t-case.

Good points guys. I would have been the one to try it but I just dumped $3500 for a level 5 65E and new converter. I always end up doing things a little too late,...this time it was just a little early.

I will be following this closely though...

:pop:

There is always going to be a weakest link but if you work with the guys that make the kit, maybe they will cut you a "deal" for being the first test pilot and let them use you as free advertising on the boards. A fully built 80E can handle just about anything you can throw at it as some have demonstrated.

Anyone know the weight difference between the 65 and the 80?

Archived