WTF? An Integra gave me a hard time..

punkt71

One more reason to get a supercharger as quick as possible!

I was coming home from going out to lunch with my wife and some friends in the SS. We see the hugest coffee can muffler on a black lowered Acura Integra (Maybe a 2000 or so?) and it had the DOHC VTEC emblem, so it was probably the GSR 195hp motor in it. We take off at the light, and he doesnt wanna race, but we were laughing at the sound of his exhaust. It sounded like some pissed off bumble bees !!! :crackup:

So I decided at the next light, I wanted to make him look bad. I revved it up on him... and punched it at the light. He still didnt want a piece. Damn. So we are cruising at around 35mph, and he gets up next to me, and punches it. I do the same. All I know is I was pretty embarrassed because I couldnt pull past him up to 80mph, we were DEAD even... what sucks is we were all just talkin about how the SS is pretty quick, and some damn Honda keeps up with us. I felt pretty f-in gay.

Cant wait for the Radix. A naturally aspirated Honda keeping up with an SS feels like someone kicking me in the nuts.

well half the hp and half the wieght. plus you had some people with you.

on a side not how do you get so many dam races, when i drove the SS no one would try to race me.

on a side not how do you get so many dam races, when i drove the SS no one would try to race me.

I dont know, but I kinda instigated this one because I was revving it on him. The other times I just watch the aggressive drivers, and start messing with them. The ones in a hurry and driving quick usually will bite :cool:

Cant wait for the Radix.  A naturally aspirated Honda keeping up with an SS feels like someone kicking me in the nuts.

If you'd have raced him from a dig it would've been much differnet. I ran a guy in a yellow integra a while back from a light, pulled out about a car length and stayed there. Then after we got on the freeway we did it again from about 45mph and it was a dead heat... he actually started to inch ahead.

Its the truck man... I used to get into "stoplight fights" all the time... the tradition continues with the truck :cool:

it feels like it , i havent really gotten to drive it for about a month now, its been sitting around not using gas :D im getting the blower rebuilt and im starting to build a 408!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been thinking the same thing. Ive had my truck almost a year now have only had one challenge. Not sure what kinda car it was, I tend to ignore those young punks in them little tuners but it was the right place and right time. The only thing I noticed about the car was the V6 logo on the front Quarter. I was actually a liitle concerned cause of the HP to weight ratio since I'm stock. We both rolled off the light and then nailed it at the same time, he never had a chance, I kept gradually pulling on him till he backed off. It was a good feeling but I,m thinking all he had was a fart can which obviously made him a racer. I been wondering if SS meant scared silly

Archived