What will I get with these mods?

My gf just bought an '06 SS and I was going to get her a few mods for her upcoming birthday. I was going to get her the volant cold air intake and a Westers PCM tune. I know it isn't much, but I know it would be something she would like.

Also, I was reading about someone changing the throttle boddy bypass and getting more performance out of it. However I have heard doing that can effect cold weather drivability. Any thoughts on this?

i could tell you what i would get if i got my girlfriend all those mods...... :crackup:

but,,,,, since i am married i would have to take them all back and spend it on pocket books and shoes... :cry:

mods for my gf

:crackup: And here I was thinking shoes, clothes, and jewelry...

the PCM is a definite, I would opt for a better muffler over intake if I had to make a choice between the two. And as you both live in the upper-48 I would skip the TB bypass, not worth the 1-2hp gain IMO.

Mr. P. :)

Well, she does want exhaust sometime too, but I thought I would let her pick that out for herself. I personally have and love the Bassani system, but she may want something that has good performance but not as agressive sounding. :chevy:

I'd recomend a Volant or Outlaw intake with a PCM tune and Corsa exhaust. Corsa being the choice for exhaust because it's going to be the quietest at cruising speeds of any performance exhaust and still have an agressive sound when needed.

• 2 months later...

I installed the Volant intake with the scoop and now everytime the truck turns left, the tire rubs on the plastic piece in the wheel well cause the scoop hose is just barely touching it. What should I do?

I installed the Volant intake with the scoop and now everytime the truck turns left, the tire rubs on the plastic piece in the wheel well cause the scoop hose is just barely touching it.  What should I do?

Get louder exhaust so you can't hear it. :jester:

Uhhh....live with it or remove it. Does it really bother you that much?

I take it that is normal then?

Similar to what I have. Don't always hear it though.

You can hear this one every time, and it is quite loud. Half thought about notching out the plastic piece that the wheel is rubbing against

I believe others on here have done that.

Archived