Put the MSD 8.5mm wires on

fox_forma

Well I just got done installing my MSD 8.5mm wires and new plugs. I must say that it feels a lot better now driving. It seems a lot more responsive through the mid-range where before it seemed to lag some. The stock plugs in there were NGK double platinum plugs. I thought the tr55's were suppose to be stock? Anyway i was going to do the tr55ix plugs but just went with the regular tr55's. Didnt really feel like paying close to $60 on plugs at the time. Overall I am very pleased with the purchase, now lets just see how they respond a little over time with everything. I would def recommend this little piece of mind mod. I give it a thumbs up :cheers:

i bought the same plugs on aug 20 off some douch bag on ebay and still havent received them, i just filed a complaint. this is the first bad experience ive had in my whold (60) 100% feedback :crackup:

I have them and like them, but ended up messing up #5. I'd recommend checking it periodically to make sure that the steering shaft joint doesn't mess yours up as well.

I have them and like them, but ended up messing up #5.  I'd recommend checking it periodically to make sure that the steering shaft joint doesn't mess yours up as well.

what exactly did you mess up?

The joint of the shaft has some sort of coupler type thing that sticks out. At some point the coupler thing caught the wire and tore a chunk out of it. :eek:

Thought I would post my recent wire change. I went with the Taylor Thundervolt 8.2 mm wires (and NGK TR55 plugs). The Taylor wires fit excellently and also fit the stock heat shields. Plus the blue matches the truck :D . The throttle response is much better and I am getting 1 MPG or so better. Got them from Summit Racing for around $45, free shipping. I left the plugs at .060 gap (stock gap for the truck), is there any benefit going to .050 or .055 for a slightly modded truck?

Archived