FS: 280 Amp Alternator

6.0ss

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

I have a 280 amp custom built alternator with all of the wire, harness and hook ups that you need to put it in your 2003-2006 silverado 4.8-6.0L engine

400$ Shipped to your door.

What you get.

1--280 amp alternator in GM casing

1--300 amp capable power Rectifier (tag says less, we just used the case!)

1--12.0 to 16.5 adjustable Voltage Regulator

1--40 amp relay

2--0awg wire connectors and wire to reach battery

6--4awg wire connectors and 4awg wire to reach from alternator to converter

1--mounting plate and screws for converter (bolt in)

1-- wire and connectors for voltage regulator to "plug in"

1--Extra smaller pully to tune in your idle speed and alt speeds

It is pretty impressive!!

It has about 3500 miles of use on it and is for the most part, totaly bullet proof!

Call me or E mail me with questions

[email protected]

630-707-1365

post-4773-1147098511_thumb.jpgpost-4773-1147098548_thumb.jpgpost-4773-1147098634_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6.0ss (see edit history)

joe maybe you can answer this question, when adding a higher amp alt. can it hurt your electronics because it is getting to much amperage? i mean when you bump up the output of it where do all the unneede amps go?

joe maybe you can answer this question, when adding a higher amp alt. can it hurt your electronics because it is getting to much amperage? i mean when you bump up the output of it where do all the unneede amps go?

I will answer this for you. electronics aren't "forced" amperage. they take what they need. In this case the amps take the current they need to run effectively. think of it as a faucet in your house. the water is always on tap, but nothing comes out until you turn it on. really the only thing that could "fry" the electical components in a vehicle is too much voltage, then again with this set up that Joe is selling, it is variable to 16 volts. most cars can take around 15 or so. Also it looks to me that this is a dual output design so you can tweek your amps to see more voltage thus getting more power out of them while still keeping you car running at 14.4Volts. Just my insight on mobile electronics. But who am I?

Thanks Chris..

You are correct.

From the factory you have 110-135 amps of alternator. On a given day of driving you are probably only using 60-70 of those amps.

From here you turn on your seat heater and take 15ams more, then the passenger turns there seat heater on and take 15 more.

Then you turn on the rear defrost and take another 15amps and then radio takes another 15amps. All of a sudden you are using the entire output of the alternator. Then you turn on the headlights.. at this point you are using more than than the alternator can offer and you are drawing from the battery. (this is not good)

A high output alternator keeps your batteries from being drained during high use.

Keeps headlights from dimming during heavy use, (aftermarket stereo)

Mine just has more bells and whistles on it than most (adjustability and such)

Thanks again Chris!

do you have the spec sheets on this alt? what is the output at idle? can i just get the alt and hook it up without using all the extra stuff like the regulator and such? does it plug right into the factory wiring harness? what size pulley does it have on it? thanks.

do you have the spec sheets on this alt?  what is the output at idle?  can i just get the alt and hook it up without using all the extra stuff like the regulator and such?  does it plug right into the factory wiring harness?  what size pulley does it have on it?  thanks.

out put at idle is just over 130 amps. you have to have the rest of the stuff you can't just plug this one in. There is no factory wire harness used, Just disconnect it and move it out of the way. The pully that is on it is a GM factory sized Pully and I have another one that will ship with it that is a ford pully, .25 inches smaller for a little more out put. I never needed it and My system pulled over 350 amps of current at full tilt! so that shows ya what this thing can do!

I don't have my spec sheet on it. Sorry.

hi jack alert: what kinf f wire should i use to hook up my 200 amp alt to my SS, ive read i should use a fusable link . is this true and does the wire just need to go to the red box or directly to the battery?

You will want to use one of these.

PP2001PT.jpg

use one of the fused parts for an imput to the battery and use one of them as the output to your stereo. That way you are not running anything through your restrictive factory wire.

I have 2 of these left for sale right now if you want one. They make wire set ups so much easier!

i'm interested, but confused as to hook up all these extra parts that are needed? do you have more pics of the setup installed in the trucK? can you give an explanation or diagram on how to hook it up?

yea it is no problem at all, I can walk you through it as well as give a wire diagram for you.

It will seem over whelming at first but it is very easy because it bypasses all of the factory wires and just connects right to the battery.