Decent Shock

VettePro

Does anyone know of a decent riding shock for an 04 SS?

I have the McGaughys spindles, and rear spring hangers with Hotchkis sway bars. Actually I had the shackles too but it had a vibration so I took them off.

It has a Radix at 9 PSI, heads, cam, long tube headers, etc. etc.

It handles great and hauls ass but it bucks like a bronco on the freeway.

It's almost embarrassing. It just gets into this rythym where it bounces up and down at freeway speeds.

I also have the Wilwood 16" brakes. They shake so bad it's ridiculous. Between the brakes and the shocks, the truck is awful to drive.

I just want a shock that rides like a normal vehicle. I'll add air bags if I need to tow.

Any help or suggestions?

The correct Belltech part numbers for the SS mono-tube Nitro Active shock is 10018 for the front and 10572 for the rear. im going to look into these if i hear some more good feedback from othere,

lets see some pics of the truck it sounds badass!

I thought the name "Vettepro" and the truck description sounded like Andy's "shop" truck at A&A in Ventura, CA. Andy is a super nice guy that is well known in the Vette community, who tossed me the keys to this truck on one of his dyno days a year ago to go see how an SS drove w/a Radix.

What i don't like about the monroes is they seem to be too soft and cushiony, i am think i got used to them and i am still using them>. although still think i should of just put stockers back on, i think they were more controlled for the way our trucks are set up. :oops: of course now i have that blasted mcghauydrop kit (oops can i say that?) and wish i had something stiffer yet, any suggestions? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived