Lowering Kit

mwalls54

Ok i have never lowered a truck. always lifted, after i painted mine i want it to look good. i am wanting a lowering kit but not sure what is out there. i want at least a 2" all the way around. and i dont want to loosen the torson bars up, i like the stiff ride. so getting keys will be the way i go i just dont know who and where?

ok i called summit and guy told me it would take a month to get to me :fume: i also called ground force and they would only give me the number to summit so does any one else know of a place where i can get the kit in alot quicker?

Swapping keys is the exact same as lowering the torsion bars, except the keys will lower it further than the stock TB bolt will allow. Your ride will be the same with keys or adjusting the TB bolt. The only way to keep the same ride quality, is to keep the same tension on the torsion bars. You'll need to change out more than keys to do that.

If you don't believe me, make a mark on the torsion bar at top dead center when the bar is its stock position. Replace the TB keys. Look at the mark. It will be rotated, to allow the front suspension to sag. You'll get the same result with loosening the stock key.

Swapping keys is the exact same as lowering the torsion bars, except the keys will lower it further than the stock TB bolt will allow. Your ride will be the same with keys or adjusting the TB bolt. The only way to keep the same ride quality, is to keep the same tension on the torsion bars. You'll need to change out more than keys to do that.

If you don't believe me, make a mark on the torsion bar at top dead center when the bar is its stock position. Replace the TB keys. Look at the mark. It will be rotated, to allow the front suspension to sag. You'll get the same result with loosening the stock key.

I believe you. Heh.. I was little confused at first since I had heard the opposite so many times. But I called both Belltech and Groundforce and they both said keys will not help you keep the same tension. They just allow for more of a drop/lift depending on the key index.

Archived