Colorado Bound!

ericwf

This Saturday we're heading to the mountains, Durango-Ouray-Telluride area to

be exact. The San Juan Skyway that hooks these places together looks absolutely

fantastic!!

There are many off-road trails in this area, many of which require 4 wheel drive.

From the various 4x4 vehicles that have traveled these trails, I'm confident the SS

would do just fine on many of them. But I'm not sure I want to subject my truck to

the stresses that areas along some of the trails inflict on a vehicle (not to mention

how dirty these vehicle are after a day on the trails :crazy:).

Question: Has anyone out here had their SS (or a comparable 4x4 truck)

in this part of Colorado or similiar type of terrain??

The only thing I would be worried about is branches that may be hanging in your path. Having never been where you're headed, I don't know how clean these "trails" you refer to are. You don't want to come out of it with hundreds of scratches running down the sides of the truck. Most paths you won't be able to turn around once you've committed. As far as the 4X4 portion of the truck goes, there's no doubt that you'll be fine.

I can't believe you're considering taking that truck off road on mtn. trails, Eric. :crazy: Dirt roads are one thing but trails!!!! Ben had a good point. Make real sure they are wide enough or you could get yourself into a situation you'll later regret.

Just my $.02

I have taken my SS off road a couple of times. Stayed away from anything narrow. the AWD is great, and I didn't run into any ground clearance problems on the mild roads I took. Afterwards, I did have to take my truck to the DIY car wash and spray the dust off the engine, though.

Archived