Looking to get first vehicle hehe

BigDoodies

Well I know this might not be the best forum for non-biased opinion, but I figure I'll hear both sides of the story.

Well I'll be getting my first vehicle soon, and it will definately be a truck.

Heres the thing, it will be either a RCSB Hemi ram, or a Silverado SS.

Which should I get, and why? I'll definately be upgrading it also.

I'm mostly a Mopar person at heart, but I'm willing to try the other side lol.

Rams sure seem to be a hell of alot cheaper.

The pricing difference is because you're going from a standard truck to one with an SS package. You could easily just go with a 5.3L regular cab short box and run with the Hemi with no trouble and be cheaper.

Well they are both nice trucks, but again depends on what you want. Do you want an ext cab or do you want a reg cab. If you want a reg cab, buy the hemi. If you like the ext cab get the SS. It is true the two trucks RCSB rwd hemi and SS run similar times, but that should not be the only selling point of a truck. Firstly are you looking at a 4x4 hemi and awd SS? What do you use the truck for? How long of a truck do you want? If you are into the modding trends then one thing to consider is the huge aftermarket for the SS, comparatively to the hemi.

Well they are both nice trucks, but again depends on what you want.  Do you want an ext cab or do you want a reg cab.  If you want a reg cab, buy the hemi.  If you like the ext cab get the SS.  It is true the two trucks RCSB rwd hemi and SS run similar times, but that should not be the only selling point of a truck.  Firstly are you looking at a 4x4 hemi and awd SS?  What do you use the truck for?  How long of a truck do you want?  If you are into the modding trends then one thing to consider is the huge aftermarket for the SS, comparatively to the hemi.

I'd like an SS, I'd like the extended cab and AWD, but the big thing is the price difference. If anyone can find a decently priced SS around the zipcode 20646, hehe let me know.

And if I got the Hemi, it would be 2WD, and if I got the SS, I'd rather have AWD.

There has been empirically evidence that shows a relationship between a type of vehicle and the person who owns it.

Here is a simple test to see what type of truck fits your lifestlye best....

You will be better suited with a Silverado SS if this picture turns you on

0709%20really%20hot%20chick.jpg

You will be better suited with a Dodge Hemi Ram (with or without sticker package) if this turns you on

0826%20need%20a%20ride.jpg

Once again ..... Dodge Ram owners idea of a wild time

cabin9.JPG

SS owners idea of a start to a wild night.

drunk-in-the-vip-girls.jpg

I hope this test has been informative and helpful in your decision on what type of lifestyle you fit in best. 'That thing got a hemi?' .... or .... 'Did you bang all those chicks?' :jester:

What do the RCSB Silverados weigh? I think the Rams are around 4800. If  I got the 5.3, what would I need to run with the Hemi?

And BTW, the only Silverado I'd probably get is the SS hehe.

A 5.3L 2wd short box regular cab weighs about 4100lbs. In stock form they run from around 14.8-15.2 with the stock 5.3L, 3.73 gear, and locking differential. They are also available with the L59 flex fuel version which leaves room for more future mods than the Hemi. In stock form basicly a 5.3L regular cab puts down about the same quarter mile times as a hemi regular cab.

One thing, can you show me a video of a stock 5.3 running those times?

On each of these things, the 5.3 included, which would be the most expensive insurance wise?

As for the aftermarket of the 5.3, what kind of mods are there? When I get one of these trucks, I plan to supercharge or turbo it.

Last of all, which is best in the long run?

There has been empirically evidence that shows a relationship between a type of vehicle and the person who owns it. 

Here is a simple test to see what type of truck fits your lifestlye best....

You will be better suited with a Silverado SS if this picture turns you on

0709%20really%20hot%20chick.jpg

You will be better suited with a Dodge Hemi Ram (with or without sticker package) if this turns you on

0826%20need%20a%20ride.jpg

Once again ..... Dodge Ram owners idea of a wild time

cabin9.JPG

SS owners idea of a start to a wild night.

drunk-in-the-vip-girls.jpg

I hope this test has been informative and helpful in your decision on what type of lifestyle you fit in best.  'That thing got a hemi?'  .... or .... 'Did you bang all those chicks?'  :jester:

That is true :thumbs: but where is last picture? :tear:

Archived