Morning bog?

I have noticed that sometimes in the morning I have a bog or dead spot. I pull out of the driveway go about 2 miles then come to a stop sign. When I go to take off sometimes I have a bog or dead spot from a dead stop. It normally only happens once. I have checked my intake bolts, any other ideas?

Dave

I have only ever had a custom tune since the Radix. It never did it before the radix...It happens when I go to about 25-50% throttle from the stop sign. It is ok when I pull out of the driveway. Is there any parameter I can watch for on the Intercepter gauge? I also recently installed a TBTC and I don't have my new tune in yet. I am gonna do the Zippy shift kit this weekend and should have my spare PCM back this week. I'm hoping this will clear up when I install the new tune and add the shift kit. Thanks.

Dave

I have the same problem when cold, but mine also bogs a little when it shifts. I went to my tuner a few times to fix it, who tried to correct it by adding some timing when cold to defeat the 6 litre "piston saver" timing retard when cold, but it still does it (maybe not quite as bad). I thought maybe it needed to be richened up when cold, but he didn't think so. It only happens for the first few minutes but it is annoying, so I just try and let the truck warm up a few minutes before driving.

If someone figures it out, please post what worked to correct it.

James

ive been having the same issue the last couple weeks....i notice it isnt as bad when i let the truck warm up but if its cold i have to basically get on it until it shifts out of first then its ok. But otherwise i notice it might have to do with running too lean at start then it seems when i give it a some fuel aka throttle she is happy again until the next engine off/on......