O4 CHEVY SS SILVERADO TOP SPEED

CollegeStud05

Hey guys i used to have an 02 lightning, and me and my friends would always video tape us going 140 and watching the rpms climb after the speedo wont go any higher. I have noticed that my 04 ss still pulls very hard still at 120+. My lightning seemed like it hit a speed barrier at 120, and it took it about a mile or so after that to hit 140. So the other day we took my sisters 04 gt mustang and my ss to see how fast it would go. I was driving my sisters car, and my friend was driving my truck. From a dead stop they are pretty even untill about 105mph and then my ss started to pull about half a truck length. Well we kept going and at 140mph he was about 2 truck lengths ahead of me, all i know is that i hit 150mph in my sisters gt and he was still pulling but barely. So yesterday we took my 06 yamaha r6 to see exactly how fast my ss would go... AND KID YOU NOT IT TOPPED OUT AT 153PH!!!! THATS NOT BAD FOR A EXTENDED CAB AWD TRUCK WITH NO SUPERCHAREGER AND 4.10 GEARS.. ALSO WE VIDEO TAPED BOTH RUNS, AND WILL SOON HAVE THE VIDEOS UP.....

COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!!

He did say 04GT, so that was the 260hp version. I believe stock they were a mid 14 second car. He must be modded pretty good. I got to thinking about it and wouldn't he be in overdrive by that speed, I'm not sure cause I don't know yall's tranny ratio's and tire size. But I would think that if he was in OD his truck would pretty much quit accelerating, with its aerodynamics and such.

i think it could be possible with some decent mods, i have been about 140 in my SS but ut was still pulling not real hard but still had more to go, it didnt shift into 4th until about 125-130 mph. that does seem pretty high. there is no where around here that i can even try it anymore unless i hit the freeway at about 3 am in the morning

I'll withhold judgement until I see the vid. Seems a little far fetched to me.

Intake, exhaust and programming pushing this truck to speeds in excess of 150mph does seem to be far fetched indeed. Serious power would be needed to get past the air resistance.

GUYS!! FIRST OFF ITS AN 04 GT NOT ONE OF THE O5'S. AND FOR SOME REASON MY TRUCK NEVER SHITFS INTO 4TH IT JUST STAYS IN 3RD AND THEN GOES ALL THE WAY TO 6,200 RPM AND THE REV NEEDLE IS ON THE DASH PAST THE 6000RPM. PLUS I WAS RIGHT BEHIND HIM IN THE MUSTANG AND IT WAS GOING 150 AND I WASNT PASSING HIM.. I MEAN HECK MY COUSINS V-6 JEEP LIBERTY WILL HIT 125 AND THATS JUST A 3.7 V-6. ALSO MY BEST FIRENDS S-TO WILL DO 128 WITH NO GOVERNOR..