Detroit Speed Works Turbo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truthfully, I wasn't to impressed with STS.  they were nice and followed up well with my questions, but price and some things the rep said made me raise an eyebrow.

Let me elaborate on this.  When I asked how much power and what kind of times I would see, I was told some pretty wierd numbers like 12.9@ 118mph  and stuff like that.  Thats what made me raise my ebrows.  Also, They wanted to play games with pricing on me.  They have financing and that is full retail price, but they wouldn't give me the special "cash" price until I would commit.    I think their customer service would be good, but I do question the power output.  If I can tow with the livonia turbo, I am going to go that route if I can get it done for under $6k.

I would love to do a radix, but I know I would be $8k by the time it was buttoned up with headers, tune, install, exhaust, etc.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Pm me if you want a price on that I can do it under 8k if you want to do a radix I am a dealer and I can provide you with exhaust headers tuning and get you where you want to be time wise.

• 2 weeks later...
I still have an STS.  I don't care much about track times

your not even curious? i would think... well... for me at least... ME.... if i were doing EXTENSIVE tuning of my own... i would want nothing more than to be at the track now and again "tinkering" etc. etc. etc.... but as i said... thats just me?

Det Joe... will agree with me

I still have an STS.  I don't care much about track times

your not even curious? i would think... well... for me at least... ME.... if i were doing EXTENSIVE tuning of my own... i would want nothing more than to be at the track now and again "tinkering" etc. etc. etc.... but as i said... thats just me?

Det Joe... will agree with me

:withstupid:

good or bad times...just proof your truck can go the full 1320. I dont have many mods but I am excited to get out and see a time, what ever it is. To me it is a language...track time talk...if you dont know what your truck ran you cant talk. Now dont get me wrong you guys have trailblazed some stuff and that is the tuff road, but a track time is a tuning tool too.

I am hoping to go under 15 sec.

that is the one thing that sells the Detroit Turbo...they show it run on the track!

lets meet at the track and talk about it :crackup:

If you're not ready to spend a lot of money on your FI don't even think about the Detroit kit. I was quoted for 8k for turbo installed and tuned. This didn't even include major tranny work you will need or shift kit, or anything eles. By the time I included everything like tranny work TC and shift kit I was exceeding 12k...

If you're not ready to spend a lot of money on your FI don't even think about the Detroit kit.  I was quoted for 8k for turbo installed and tuned.  This didn't even include major tranny work you will need or shift kit, or anything eles.  By the time I included everything like tranny work TC and shift kit I was exceeding 12k...

:confused::confused:

I thought it was much cheaper, more like an STS kit with upgrades you are still around 5K, How did they get to 12K :confused:

they are charging for tune and dyno time???

I still have an STS.  I don't care much about track times, but like Makani said, there are plenty of trucks on PT.net with an STS and track times.  Guess they don't count though, because they are fast :devil:

I must be missing those. I only see a few STS trucks over there with impressive times. The STS trucks do often have great dyno numbers though.

I still have an STS.  I don't care much about track times, but like Makani said, there are plenty of trucks on PT.net with an STS and track times.  Guess they don't count though, because they are fast :devil:

I must be missing those. I only see a few STS trucks over there with impressive times. The STS trucks do often have great dyno numbers though.

mike you're such a whore!!!

Hey... Is that a bad thing??? :jester:

Hey... Is that a bad thing??? :jester:

hehe guess not

good choice my friend, enjoy :thumbs:

sorry guys.... didnt mean to stirr the pot... but as i said before, if it were ME tuneing... hell, id be at the track every min i was off work seeing how well i was doing.... just me tho...

well said Zip... .someone has/had to (the fit is going to hit the shan if you know what i mean :crackup: )

Edited by FuelSlut (see edit history)