Anybody experiment with larger crank pullies?

I was wondering since so many of you guys like the Magnuson superchargers on here if any of you have tried going with larger crank pullies? At the shop I used to work at we did alot of 03-04 Cobras and one of the popular modifications was a larger diameter crank pulley. They increased the horsepower a good amount but made alot more torque. Any body here experiemented with these? I know ECS makes a 8" balancer for the C5 not sure though if it will work on a truck.

The f-body/vette pullies will not line up with truck accessories. I wish they did, buying a real nice balancer would be nice.

There are some others that will supposedly work with trucks, but believe they are pretty expensive. There is one posted in another Radix thread that was started about a month ago.

I was wondering since so many of you guys like the Magnuson superchargers on here if any of you have tried going with larger crank pullies?  At the shop I used to work at we did alot of 03-04 Cobras and one of the popular modifications was a larger diameter crank pulley.  They increased the horsepower a good amount but made alot more torque.  Any body here experiemented with these?  I know ECS makes a 8" balancer for the C5 not sure though if it will work on a truck.

they can also have an 8" truck balancer made, in fact, mine was the template, so it's just a matter of ordering one up at this point:

http://performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=361859

just a note, the whole conversion is quite expensive and probably not worth it :cheers: that said, I am in the final stages of working all fitment issues out :flag:

Edited by moregrip (see edit history)