WESTERS PCM INSALLED FINALLY!

VOLLEYMAN08

Since the PCM I installed electric fans with no change in performance or gas mileage.

?? I thought everyone was claiming 2 - 3 mpg better? What's the point if no gain in mpg or performance?? :confused::wtf:

No better performance? There is a post floating around that another guy on another board just went to MTI in Houston and got 24 HP and 35 or so Ft/Tq with just the Wester's, but then again, it was not an SS.

Just to be sure, you can tell the PCM firmed up the shifts, but no increase in performance?

Or are you talking about no change in performance with the E-fans added? I know it changed the way my truck went towards the cute little red line.

Or are you talking about no change in performance with the E-fans added? I know it changed the way my truck went towards the cute little red line.

:wtf: So you noticed a (big?) difference? :wtf:

It looks like you are asking me about the E-fans.

Remember, I live in Texas (it gets warm down here) and I bought my truck in the summer. My stock fan was coming on so strong so often that I couldn't really hear the Flowmaster mufflers. It sounded like a hurricane up front.

Also, anytime I hit the gas. The response was sluggish and sometimes the fan would stay on and only clutch after a few seconds.

When I put the E-fans on, there was an immediate difference. No more waiting for the fan to quit. And no more whirring under the hood. It seems to jump a bit better.

Also, with the few mods put together, I can definitely tell that the truck pulls stronger and stronger all the way to 5800 and 5300 1st and 2nd respectively, now. Where as it seemed to pull strong in the lower RPMs and slowed before Red line and had little pull in 2nd.

Just my little input. After the PCM and the E-fans. I'm averaging around 15 MPG overall. Just with Hwy I get about 17 MPG(that's usually at 90MPH).

If you recall when I first got it, I was in the mid-11's for MPG. And yes, I still drive it hard.

:thumbs: Thanks for the clarification Brent.

Remember, I live in Texas (it gets warm down here) and I bought my truck in the summer. My stock fan was coming on so strong so often that I couldn't really hear the Flowmaster mufflers. It sounded like a hurricane up front.

I run in to the same problem here in South Floirda, sounds like this is a definate mod for me!

Thanks again

- Bill

:thumbs: Thanks for the clarification Brent.

I run in to the same problem here in South Floirda, sounds like this is a definate mod for me!

Thanks again

- Bill

:thumbs: It's what I'm here for :rolleyes:

Archived