detailing the SS this weekend...

SSminneapolis

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a sight I was used to nearly everyday here in FL. I don't have the cold weather, but during the summer it pours for about 10-20 minutes, then it's bright as hell outside. And, it can do this more than once in a day. If it wasn't for Zaino, my truck would have looked like one big water spot.

at least i get a chance to spin all four tires

~snif~........You're all right, SS. It's that kind of unselfishness that makes this board so great. Could I request one thing, however? Could you make it freshly fallen snow instead of the salty slush I grew up with in Detroit and Phila?

Thanks, bro......... :jester:

i went with the carriage works...there is another post with an SS owner that went with the same brand that has pictures somewhere on here

I also went with the Carriage Works bolt over 5 piece kit for the SS. It does the upper & lower grille, the bumper opening and the brake ducts. The installation is super easy. BTW I got mine on Ebay. This guy:

Grilles on Ebay

Always has one listed. The Buy it now price is usually $239.95 and with shipping came to $256 delivered. It was about $80 cheaper than I found it anywhere else.

Roger

Billet Grill

Is this the same grill?

:thumbs:

just do everyone knows...all it takes to get the tires spinning is a lil rain on the road and an onramp...i wish i had a video of my drive home...about a 60 mph power slide right infront of a bunch of traffic starting from a green light...one of those situations where a normal driver would have stopped, an above average driver would have power stopped...but for a crazy guy with nothing to loose i had to let er buck...and for all you guys that would say i do have something to loose..my beautiful Black SS...remember that there are no speed limits where me and my SS will be going...

I live in Pa I know all about snow I can't wait. Ive been going to the mt. setting up tree stands and have been going 4 wheelin. It rains every day darn near at least it seems like it. My truck is dirty as you know what and im going to do the claybar in the morning (Its supposed to rain). I love my truck

We've got about 8 months of 72 degree highs with 8% humidity and very little rain to get through. I don't know how I'm gonna make it. I'll park mine at the park and do the same for you.

:uhoh: I'm coming back to Phoenix. Lee, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands...can you help me figure out how to connect the greater Phoenix area to the Atlantic Ocean...this would complete my perfect habitat! :crazy:

I also went with the Carriage Works bolt over 5 piece kit for the SS. It does the upper & lower grille, the bumper opening and the brake ducts. The installation is super easy. BTW I got mine on Ebay. This guy:

Grilles on Ebay

Always has one listed. The Buy it now price is usually $239.95 and with shipping came to $256 delivered. It was about $80 cheaper than I found it anywhere else.

Roger

Billet Grill

Is this the same grill?

:thumbs:

Yes, I believe so. You'd have to order all three items though.

you guys are complaining about rain?...how about snow, sleet, freezing rain, slush, salt and sand...you guys got it easy...but i can tell you this much...after the big freeze hits here in MN i am going to clean and wax my truck park it in a snow back and take a picture for everyone to see how rough i have it...

I feel your pain, however I wised up. I lived in MI and went to school in the UP I had a s10 blazer at the time and it rusted to pieces. I now live in Virginia near the beach, it snows about an inch a year! and it melts in one day.

Where in MN are you? I an not a stalker, I am getting married in Roseville in 23 days. That is where she is from.

I am also interested in grill options, so lets see some pics.. anyone?

-Chuck

Archived