ASM or TOG's Headers

hey there guys, i was just reading on asm's website: 1999-2005 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L GM Trucks and SUV Headers that their headers are now carb legal. i am in california and need to pass smog. are these headers mid or long tubes?

what are your experiences with these headers and are there any headers better then these that are smog legal. i know TOG's headers are no more, but am willing to get a set of used ones if anyone has a set lying around! thanks guys.

-ejay

if the asm are indeed carb legal i will be selling my tog headers. im going to call them tommorrow and see if i can find a carb # . they both say emissions compliant but i see no where on them that says carb legal. i think there may be a difference in them, i know they may be "emissions compatible" but if they arent carb l;egal they arent ok here.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

those bellager headers look really nice, i doubt they have a eo# though usually when you see offroad use only thats a red flag for not carb legal. as for the asm;s there was a recent thread on perftrucks.net that was asking the same question but no one ever came up with a good answer, one guy said they had no eo# but that was a year ago. ill get on the horn tommorrow and see what the deal is.

thanks for the reply guys,

hey chase i was reading in another post that you had several TOG headers layin' around, are you sellin' them? :jester:

so far we don't know if asm's are ca smog legal, and the bellangers are probably not smog legal, right. man what do us cali guys do for headers?

hey chase i was reading in another post that you had several TOG headers layin' around, are you sellin' them? :jester:

so far we don't know if asm's are ca smog legal, and the bellangers are probably not smog legal, right. man what do us cali guys do for headers?

i did have them but fordareslow bought them from me. they were the best us ca guys could do, but i think dougs headers are carb legal also, they have the same tri y derign are a quality product.. they make some bad ass e cut outs also.the only other midlegnth beside them is bassani!

i do have one tog header sitting here , its a passenger side with a egr . its a nice paperweight. :D

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

I have a set of TOG's on my truck right now that I may be selling in the near future. :dunno:

I have a set of TOG's on my truck right now that I may be selling in the near future. :dunno:

sweet, if you could let me know when you do take them off, i'll gladly take them off your hands!

sweet, if you could let me know when you do take them off, i'll gladly take them off your hands!

Sounds like a deal. :thumbs: There coated too. :thumbs: