My New Look!

Just a little update...I was able to get the truck on the alignment rack today at the Toyota Dealership where my buddy's the foreman. Aside from whacking my head and re-opening the cut that I obtained last week while doing the install :banghead: , it went pretty smoothly. I was able to just get the alignment where I wanted it, and what a difference in handling it made. Just as I thought, the camber and toe were way out, but the caster was within specs. Camber was at -1.3 on both sides, it was .4" toed out, and caster was an even 5.2 on both sides. After the alignment, I was able to get camber up to -.5 on the left and -.6 on the right, total toe to .05", and caster to 3.9 L and 4.0 R. I would have liked some more caster, but once I got the camber where I wanted it, that's where caster ended up, so I let it fly.

We also mounted my winter meats on my factory wheels...275/70R-16 Toyo Open Country AT's.

Now I'm just waiting for the front bumpstops to arrive and it's a done deal (orderd factory rubber ones that I'm not gonna cut to short this time). Oh yea, and I have to get the speedo recalibrated. I took the wife out for a nice 2 hour ride tonight and it was great. The truck rides smoothly, handles well, and I haven't experienced any vibrations on the highway (I have 4* pinion angle shims on the bench just in case). It was fun as hell to finally really drive it without being worried about burning up the inner edge of the tires. Hard bumps and washboard roads are a little harsh, but for the most part it's smooth as butter :D

Edited by budhayes3 (see edit history)

Thanks everybody! :) I'm really happy with the results, it's really fun to drive now. The wife likes it too, now she doesn't need a running start to get in :jester: (especially now that she's entering her 7th month of pregnancy!) I have to get to doin some debadging and smooth it out a bit :cool: