In-Law's garage Overhaul

They gave me the green light to go ahead and basically do what I want. Started off with them letting me store my tools there, then I basically claimed squatter's rights since I started spending most of my Saturday's sifting through piles of crap to access my gear and work on my ride.

The place was a mess...no lighting at all, sheetrock crumbling off the walls, beams for a ceiling, and years of useless crap jammed in from the back wall to the garage door. With help from my buddy Jim, we spent a total of about 3 weekends cleaning the crap out, running wires, hanging sheetrock, hanging lights, painting, sheetrocking the ceiling, installing a boxed hatch in the ceiling to access a storage area that we installed a light into and layed some indoor/outdoor carpeting, and finally arranging my tools, gear, etc. and hangind a shelf, cabinet, some pics etc.

Unfortunately, my dumbass didn't take any before pics, although my wife did take some "during" pics which I can't find right now. I do have pics of the finished product though....

In this pic you can sort of get an idea of what the mess used to look like:

648999_119_full.jpg

Here's the finished product:

648999_127_full.jpg

648999_129_full.jpg

648999_128_full.jpg

648999_130_full.jpg

648999_131_full.jpg

Whatcha think?

:crackup: Thats exactly what my garage looked like, hell I even have the same siding on the outside, but it was the same story, useless crap packed along the side walls and in the corners, once i started pulling stuff out my whole front lawn was filled and i only cleared like a 5 ft area :banghead: Been doing it off and on for a few weeks when i get spare time. Looks like you did a good job though, my next thing is to do the lighting in my garage as well, one 80watt bulb doesnt cut it :D

Good Job :cheers:

Yea, it's definitely tiny....most work gets done in the driveway :banghead: It's more functional for storing my tools and working under the hood, or under the rear than anything else. If I have to work with the doors open (like interior or audio work), that definitely happens outside.

Some day I plan to have my own (instead of borrowing my in-law's), and do the same theme....only bigger :D