Well....an update

sum 1, turbochargedberserker, misterp, dylan.....to all thanks!!

I'm sure today she will get served. Not a thought from the heart obviously, but in mind. I was told by many people this is the right thing to do. She clearly scarred me pretty emotionally and giving her the satisfaction of the final touch in her serving me a divorce :nono:  I don't think she will expect it at all. I'm sure she is thinking I will just wait and wait for her as I did 2 years ago. I waited 5 months for and het rock bottom. Depression set in, I was on medication, and had a counsler try to lift my spirits. I think since I have been down this road before things seem more balanced but not any easier. I do have a question though,  I have got a stack of mail for her. I guess in all honesty I could just keep it and see if she has the maturity to call or should I not even worry about it and just keep it in a box. It's impossible for her to get in the house again because after last weekend I changed the locks out and reprogrammed the garage door, which is how she got in last time. What should I do about that? Things are progressing slowly getting used to the idea she is out of my life for good. It's still hard for me to invision being alone after all those years together, but I'm thinking now as Dylan said..."being as cold as she is makes her emotionally shallow and I'm realizing how small she is as a person". I really am fighting through this.

I really don't mean to run my life's problems on the forum but you guys really lift me in so many ways and I thank you all for that!

Greg

I am convinced you are doing the right thing for yourself. Ask your attorney what to do about the mail, they will know exactly how to handle this detail.

You have probably not hit rock bottom yet (you've come close) so be ready for that. In the next 6-8 weeks, you are going to feel a lot better as a lot of pressure is going to lift, you will feel the best about yourself that you have in years. However be prepared for a "challenging time" a couple months from now, but after that things will truly start to improve. :thumbs:

Why are you fighting Dylan's observation "being as cold as she is makes her emotionally shallow and I'm realizing how small she is as a person"? What makes you have reservations about that?

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Well... sorry to hear about that... Women have a weird way of suprising people.... but life goes on and sometimes all you can say is "Oh well." I hope you get everything worked out the best you can. :(