FINALLY got the exhaust i've been wanting

Holty

i heard his truck and now it sounds like there is a tiiinnnny cam and this was the first time it was fired up so it still had break in period to come ahead. its night and day the way it sounded. as for how it sounds now i dunno havent heard it

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the 40 series on my SSS an have been asked if it was cammed my buddy has the exact same setup on his SSS and when we run together it sounds like a boat with twin 502s.

Awesome glad you found something loud enough for you. :thumbs:  Im looking to get a little louder, but I think headers are my answer.

if i remember correctly, you and I had the exact same Magnaflow system and you had planned on cutting the resonators out like i did, until i realized that was a big mistake and warned you against it? either way, headers won't make your exhaust any louder. they will change the tone slightly, but you really won't hear any difference at all in volume levels.

That is the exhaust I want I am just having a hard time finding a place that will do it in stainless. :banghead: If I can't find anywhere I will end up with the corsa.

Looks good man :thumbs: Post a sound clip when it breaks in. :cheers:

That is the exhaust I want I am just  having a hard time finding a place that will do it in stainless. :banghead: If I can't find anywhere I will end up with the corsa.

Looks good man :thumbs:  Post a sound clip when it breaks in. :cheers:

i lucked out and found a shop that does awesome work and only using stainless. the only part of my whole exhaust that is not stainless is the flowmaster mufflers. i found out afterwards that flowmaster now offers ss mufflers.

also, there is a night and day difference in sound between this setup and my corsa. if this is the system you really want, you won't be happy with the corsa. way way too quiet unless your at WOT, then its :thumbs:

Awesome glad you found something loud enough for you. :thumbs:  Im looking to get a little louder, but I think headers are my answer.

if i remember correctly, you and I had the exact same Magnaflow system and you had planned on cutting the resonators out like i did, until i realized that was a big mistake and warned you against it? either way, headers won't make your exhaust any louder. they will change the tone slightly, but you really won't hear any difference at all in volume levels.

You are correct. After seeing that you said it sounded bad I removed the tail section and the muffler section, and ran with just the resonators. I like the sjound that it gives aggresive without being overboard. I plan to add headers, x pipe, and finishing a tail section soon.

You are correct. After seeing that you said it sounded bad I removed the tail section and the muffler section, and ran with just the resonators. I like the sjound that it gives aggresive without being overboard. I plan to add headers, x pipe, and finishing a tail section soon.

sounds awesome, keep us informed!

• 4 weeks later...

I love the 40 Sound :thumbs: I was looking at doing a similar setup on my '06 SSS. You say it's not too loud in the cab?? Even with the exhaust exiting in front of the passenger rear tire?? I want to make sure it's not too loud with a baby on the way!!

But Looks Awesome Either Way!! Got any sound clips??

Jay

That looks great, where your tips are on the truck before the rear wheels are my favorite place, I wish someone would make a system like that, I'm not sure if Gibson makes a sport truck system for the ss, but their quality sucks. Anyways, Corsa sport tips would look much better than the Magnaflows, IMO. Overall it looks awesome though!!

I'm a X welder by trade... and I must say if those welds are TIG they are terrible looking. Looks more like a MIG weld to me. TIG is a fine, precise and very strong weld. I'm not saying they will leak or anything, it just doesn't look like a quality TIG weld.

Has anyone here heard the AeroTurbine muffler yet? I keep hearing a lot about them, and heard one on a Tahoe which was really sweet sounding.

I'm still running my stock exhaust, and it's starting to annoy me. Trucks almost three years old, got almost 12,000 miles on it and I'm dying to get a new exhaust, but I'm doing Ceramic coated Hooker headers, and true duals with dual high flow cats and O2 sensors. I want to do it right the first time.

:flag:

Archived