Paging Dr. Zippy

SSThunder

Zippy I sent you a couple PM's but never got a response. I'm about ready to install my latest mods(your shift kit, dynatech headers and cam) and I need to see if you can tune for me. What software do you use to tune? I've got the latest version of EFILive scan and tune tool. When pcmforless.com tunned for me they sent me a tune file in the HP Tuners format and that worked fine. EFILive let me open the file and save it as an EFILive file. Let me know what software you use and hopefully I can open it with EFILive scan and tune.

Thanks, Jeremy

I've tried working the HP Tuners - EFI Live cross tuning and it's considerably more trouble with using the newer version of HPT than it's worth. I no longer have any of the older versions using .bin files loaded on my computers which causes a complication in itself. You're going to have to find someone with EFI Live willing to buy a license or with unlimited to help you through it. That is one of the reasons I don't use EFI Live.

I've tried working the HP Tuners - EFI Live cross tuning and it's considerably more trouble with using the newer version of HPT than it's worth. I no longer have any of the older versions using .bin files loaded on my computers which causes a complication in itself. You're going to have to find someone with EFI Live willing to buy a license or with unlimited to help you through it. That is one of the reasons I don't use EFI Live.

Ok. So you have HP tuners and your saying it's hard to tune since I have EFILive. So if I save over your HP tuner file to my EFILive format it might not convert the settings exactly as you have tuned and cause problems? Just need to make sure because Brian at pcmforless.com was using HP Tuners last time I got a tune from him. I might have to take the time to learn EFILive a lot better. With my business, baby on the way and other stuff I'm working on, I have no free time at the moment. I've got 1 license left on my install. It came with 2 and I've only used 1.

One of the problems is that I won't be able to read any logs. Another problem is that the files that are both HP Tuners and EFI Live compatible are from .bin files which the newer HP Tuners no longer uses. If I send you a file with the newer HP Tuners you won't be able to open it. In order to do your truck, I'll have to program a pcm with the Tech 2 using your vin with the benchtop harness, read the pcm with the benchtop harness using a pc that has an older version of HP Tuners on it, modify the file and send it to you. I no longer have the older version of HP Tuners on either of my pc's so that would require me to un-install the current version I have on it and re-install the older version. All of that being a considerable amount of work that it is I couldn't even give you updates based on logs because I can't read EFI Live logs via HP Tuners. That would make every file I sent to you guesswork like any other mail order company. I often have very good success with the pcm's I've done through mail order. On the other hand I can't program them to their full capability since I can't log the truck to see if there is a touch too much timing, too high or too low shift points, incorrect v.e. table, etc. With all of the work required I'd have to charge the same as I do for a mail ordered pcm. I am willing to send you a pcm with a program in it for you to drive so you can send me your pcm and I can make changes to that, then send it back and make the swap.

As a note for others reading this, if you are looking for help in tuning from me I only use Tunercat and HP Tuners. I'm not trying to sell them, but if you want help from me via e-mail tuning you'll have to use that software.

You can save the logs in a Excel format from EFILive. You could read them as long as you have Excel. Not the funnest way to read a log, but you can visualize it all. Just takes some getting used to.

• 5 months later...
Zippy I am ready for a tune. Many of the SSS in the Vette City Get together use you. Since you were highly recommended I am asking for your support. I will PM you for specifics.

Mark

Guess you gotta get rid of that yop speed limiter huh? :jester: I can't wait for next year!!

Dave

Archived