Pcm4less

I feel that Bryan Herter is a excellent tuner. I don't doubt his tuning abilities at all. I just think he is too busy to give the customers the attention they deserve.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is there so much tuner beef right now??? I hope we begin to understand that bashing someone turns them off :banghead:

I hope we could learn more from each other...and not bash the unknown, Even if he sent you a bogus tune you should work it out, maybe he did not get back to you b/c he was tuninjg mario andritti's Z06 :jester:

If we work together we will all go faster.

:dunno:

If I had my motor all tricked out, I would'nt expect a mail order tune to be worth a damn.

Put the thing on a dyno and plug it in to a laptop. Anything else is a waste of $. IMHO

Brian has done right by me. No problems here! :chillpill:

Bryan took good care of me also...I am lightly modded...but my truck runs as good as I expect it to...I kept the stock p.c.m just in case I needed it for warrantee issues and emissions testing down the road...

Honestly who cares if Bryan took care of you guys. How's that help Quik?

Maybe you guys fail to grasp that sometimes you can't just drive the truck 4 hrs to get a tune once you past a certain limit -- you can't drive it anywhere in some cases... When I did my motor and heads it sat in the shop for hours while I tuned and tuned and tuned it enough so it would even idle...

As for "making arrangements with Bryan" seems kind of hard to do when he won't respond to Quik...

The guy has every right to voice his dispute here -- that's what the forum is for. IMO if you don't have something constructive to say to Quik, stay the f*** out of his thread.

Edited by TurbochargedBerserker (see edit history)

Brain is good at tuning lightly modified vehicles IMO through the mail. I have heard a lot of complaints from people who used his services with anything that is not a stock displacement or anything out of the normal bolt on type mod.

I know of a good company that does mail order tunes if your interested and I know they have done tunes for almost identical set ups like your. PM me and I'll give you the info.

at this point in time its not worth dealing with him. he can only fawk up the truck worst. ill pay the money for software and figure it out myself. its just that you send a person buisness by yourself and another person and that so-called tuner does wrong by the person.

sorry over 2weeks to get back in Email is a joke

at the current moment it was the only means besides a bike and tht didnt fair too well.

i cant believe he calls himself atuner if he cant even get 02 heaters working, evap system right, and etc. he fubard my ecu so bad it stayed in unready mode even after 1000 miles and on top of that gave me a next to stock 6.0 tune.

total rip off!!!

The guy has every right to voice his dispute here -- that's what the forum is for.  IMO if you don't have something constructive to say to Quik, stay the f*** out of his thread.

and we have every right to post our experences, the more of us that read this might get a memeber in Bryan's shop and say to him "Did you every get that one guy worked out?" BUt if we get the F**K out then either people will keep going to bryan or qiuk is not going to get his problem fixed :banghead:

I hope you figure it out, call someone who might drive down, send it to a different tuner, or get really good at tuning to do it your self... :driving:

Guess it's my turn to speak up since this post was pointed out to me.

First, I did not recieve any email 2 weeks ago from you. I am up to date on email and anyone else here that has cooresponded with me recently can verify that. Do you know how to pick up a phone? I answer it 10 hours a day.

Second, I just looked over your program.......

Let's see what has been changed in this program you say is a stock 6.0 program

Power enrichment table--- Was changed to match a dyno tune I did recently for a cam your size

Injector constant--- for your injectors

Idle--- Bumped up for your cam

Volumetric Efficiency table---- Adjusted in the low end for start up and light throttle open loop fueling

Timing table---- Timing was bumped up 4 degrees up to .56 grams/cyl

timing was bumped up 7 degrees from .6 grams/cyl and above

I kept the WOT timing after the .64/.68 grams/cyl area soft as you planned to shoot a 125 shot of N20. Thus I had to back off 5 degrees of timing there. I tried to keep it a bit more agressive up to the spray point, but that is tough to guess where the break point will be without having the truck on the scanner here. Also, I rather be a bit short on timing than be heavy and blow it up and have you piss and moan about that.

Base timing table---- Timing was added at idle ranges to help create more vacuum and a better idle

TM delted

Shift points set up for your cam

Shifts firmed

Rev limiter moved

Gears corrected, top speed limiter moved

Rear O2's shut off and cat checks shut off in a way to have them come up ready.

NOW, here's your problems. You keep getting MAP codes. This is a legit code indicating a problem. The other codes will not ready till you fix that.

Reasons for a MAP code....

Vacuum leak

Timing chain a tooth off

Improperly set up valve train

bad MAP

Once you fix your mechanical problems..... Your truck will run good. You can't tune around poor mechanical work, good luck if you think you can.....

As for the guy you referred, he shipped the PCM to the wrong address that is no longer on our website for a while now. I had to drive 2 hours to go get it. Then he shipped it with no name on it, no paperwork in it other than a page from a summit magazine with the cam he chose circled. He shipped it from a postal center so his name was not even on the label. He finally called and I realized it was his and he gave me a bunch of crap that I "should have remember it was his as we had talked the week prior". I get 30-50 phone calls a day and do around 40 to 50 LT1, LS1, truck, chips, etc.... a week. I can't remember them all guys, I need info in the box so I know who's PCM it is. I got him fixed up right away when I got all the info I needed and shipped out the PCM the same day, and the program I wrote for his LT1 I know he will like. I think we are all good :)

I'm a really easy guy to work with and since I travel to the Indiana PA area often I probably would have even been up to meeting up with you and helping you work on this in person. BUT, you took no effort to call, but instead because you claim I didn't respond to 1 email that I never even got from you think you can't get in contact with me? Then you come on here whining like a baby. Your grammer is horrible, and you are not using any common sense by modify your only means of transportation that much. That is just asking for problems. At this point I really can't see me going out of my way to offer much more help. Any time I tried to point you in the right direction you would doubt me. I can only lead you to the water, I can't make you drink.

Well, that's my part of this. I dont' have time to be online on forums much so I won't be watching or replying to any posts on this. If anyone would like to contact me or get any details or have any questions on this answered feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me. My number is on our website and I answer it M-F 9am to 7PM

Have a good weekend all,

Bryan

First, I did not recieve any email 2 weeks ago from you.  I am up to date on email and anyone else here that has cooresponded with me recently can verify that.  Do you know how to pick up a phone?  I answer it 10 hours a day.

Power enrichment table---  Was changed to match a dyno tune I did recently for a cam your size

Idle---  Bumped up for your cam

Volumetric Efficiency table----  Adjusted in the low end for start up and light throttle open loop fueling

Timing table----  Timing was bumped up 4 degrees up to .56 grams/cyl

I kept the WOT timing after the .64/.68 grams/cyl area soft as you planned to shoot a 125 shot of N20.  Thus I had to back off 5 degrees of timing there.  I tried to keep it a bit more agressive up to the spray point, but that is tough to guess where the break point will be without having the truck on the scanner here.  Also, I rather be a bit short on timing than be heavy and blow it up and have you piss and moan about that.

Base timing table---- Timing was added at idle ranges to help create more vacuum and a better idle

TM delted

Shifts firmed

Rev limiter moved

NOW, here's your problems.   You keep getting MAP codes.  This is a legit code indicating a problem.  The other codes will not ready till you fix that.

Vacuum leak

Timing chain a tooth off

bad MAP

Once you fix your mechanical problems.....  Your truck will run good.  You can't tune around poor mechanical work, good luck if you think you can.....

As for the guy you referred, he shipped the PCM to the wrong address that is no longer on our website for a while now.   I had to drive 2 hours to go get it.  Then he shipped it with no name on it, no paperwork in it other than a page from a summit magazine with the cam he chose circled.  He shipped it from a postal center so his name was not even on the label.  He finally called and I realized it was his and he gave me a bunch of crap that I "should have remember it was his as we had talked the week prior".   I get 30-50 phone calls a day and do around 40 to 50 LT1, LS1, truck, chips, etc....  a week.  I can't remember them all guys, I need info in the box so I know who's PCM it is.  I got him fixed up right away when I got all the info I needed and shipped out the PCM the same day, and the program I wrote for his LT1 I know he will like.  I think we are all good :)

I'm a really easy guy to work with and since I travel to the Indiana PA area often I probably would have even been up to meeting up with you and helping you work on this in person.  BUT, you took no effort to call, but instead because you claim I didn't respond to 1 email that I never even got from you think you can't get in contact with me?   Then you come on here whining like a baby.   Your grammer is horrible, and you are not using any common sense by modify your only means of transportation that much.  That is just asking for problems.  At this point I really can't see me going out of my way to offer much more help.  Any time I tried to point you in the right direction you would doubt me.  I can only lead you to the water, I can't make you drink.

Well, that's my part of this.   I dont' have time to be online on forums much so I won't be watching or replying to any posts on this.  If anyone would like to contact me or get any details or have any questions on this answered feel free to email me at [email protected]  or call me.  My number is on our website and I answer it M-F 9am to 7PM

Have a good weekend all,

Bryan

sorry but you didnt do much to this tune. you say you bumped up timing. ive sprayed a 100 shot on 30* of timing and got no knock for dentation, you gave me 20* timing

as for my map sorry there isnt anything wrong with this motor. i have another tune in ther enow and it hasnt had any issues.

you didnt tune on the 02 heaters

you screwed up my Evap setup

you set the ocmputer so it would never go into ready mode

sorry i sent you the email with all the log i did from it.

my truck runs very well for how it is. there isnt a issue its just that you do poor work.

truck isnt only means of transportation but at that given point in time it was.

dont try to defend your self, ill show anyone this info on this PCM and show how bad you did the tune.

none of this would be posted if the tune you did was correct but i guess you cant handle a setup like this or you would of did it better. there isnt any issues with internally. as for my grammer i could care less its the internet and not real life. as for you fixing this sorry ill pass. i spent all that money for a dude to fawk my truck up ill pay for software and figure it out. i cant mess it up anymore then you did.

also once i get into the computer i will post your socalled tune. its worthless

as for anyone in this thread taking your side, ha come see in person how ****ed up this tune is.

and i wouldnt come on the net making sh1t up, sorry not like that but as a person that is defending themself as you are you will make up lies. i have no reason to bad mouth someone unless they didnt do something or did something and in this case you didnt tune the truck properly, you didnt answer to a email and yes i did send one.

you may be good at tuning near stock but i know for a fact you cant tune for a modded ride like this.

and im not the only one that has had bad experience with your and nor will i be the last. he'll i know of atleast 1 member on this site that you screwed up the tune by making it too lean

Edited by Quik (see edit history)

Quik, please do everyone a favor and at least act a little bit more professionally. I totally understand voicing your experiences and your opinions as that is what this forum is for. However, you're sounding like a five year old child. I'm not trying to offend you but it is something to keep in mind. With that said, I hope you get everything figured out. :thumbs:

First, I did not recieve any email 2 weeks ago from you.  I am up to date on email and anyone else here that has cooresponded with me recently can verify that.  Do you know how to pick up a phone?  I answer it 10 hours a day.

Power enrichment table---  Was changed to match a dyno tune I did recently for a cam your size

Idle---  Bumped up for your cam

Volumetric Efficiency table----  Adjusted in the low end for start up and light throttle open loop fueling

Timing table----  Timing was bumped up 4 degrees up to .56 grams/cyl

I kept the WOT timing after the .64/.68 grams/cyl area soft as you planned to shoot a 125 shot of N20.  Thus I had to back off 5 degrees of timing there.  I tried to keep it a bit more agressive up to the spray point, but that is tough to guess where the break point will be without having the truck on the scanner here.  Also, I rather be a bit short on timing than be heavy and blow it up and have you piss and moan about that.

TM delted

Shifts firmed

Rev limiter moved

NOW, here's your problems.  You keep getting MAP codes.  This is a legit code indicating a problem.  The other codes will not ready till you fix that.

Vacuum leak

Timing chain a tooth off

bad MAP

Once you fix your mechanical problems.....  Your truck will run good.  You can't tune around poor mechanical work, good luck if you think you can.....

As for the guy you referred, he shipped the PCM to the wrong address that is no longer on our website for a while now.  I had to drive 2 hours to go get it.  Then he shipped it with no name on it, no paperwork in it other than a page from a summit magazine with the cam he chose circled.  He shipped it from a postal center so his name was not even on the label.  He finally called and I realized it was his and he gave me a bunch of crap that I "should have remember it was his as we had talked the week prior".  I get 30-50 phone calls a day and do around 40 to 50 LT1, LS1, truck, chips, etc....  a week.  I can't remember them all guys, I need info in the box so I know who's PCM it is.  I got him fixed up right away when I got all the info I needed and shipped out the PCM the same day, and the program I wrote for his LT1 I know he will like.  I think we are all good :)

I'm a really easy guy to work with and since I travel to the Indiana PA area often I probably would have even been up to meeting up with you and helping you work on this in person.  BUT, you took no effort to call, but instead because you claim I didn't respond to 1 email that I never even got from you think you can't get in contact with me?  Then you come on here whining like a baby.  Your grammer is horrible, and you are not using any common sense by modify your only means of transportation that much.  That is just asking for problems.  At this point I really can't see me going out of my way to offer much more help.  Any time I tried to point you in the right direction you would doubt me.  I can only lead you to the water, I can't make you drink.

Well, that's my part of this.  I dont' have time to be online on forums much so I won't be watching or replying to any posts on this.  If anyone would like to contact me or get any details or have any questions on this answered feel free to email me at [email protected]  or call me.  My number is on our website and I answer it M-F 9am to 7PM

Have a good weekend all,

Bryan

lol i love when guys like u who think they know what there talking about. Bryan i remember u and I remember all the problem u cause for people in the past. maybe I should go on ls1tech and get all the threads that show how u screwed peoples cars up before. if I remember correctly were u on the tech badlist for along time? Ur customer service sucks, ur tunes suck, and u suck. I think its really funny when I see all these guys on here backing u when 99.9% of them dont really have much done to there rides. I want u to show me something that u tune that atleast ran a low 10 in the 1/4. I mean any jackass can get Hptuners and tune a vehicle with minor mods or even tune it with a small cam. Also i love ur post it made me laugh my ass because u tried to make urself look intelligent, and u also had excuse after excuse and all the excuses were pointed at the other person. I guess somethings will never change with u. Also Bryan if u knew who I was Im sure ur not going to wanna get into an arguing match with me because I know a good bit of people that was screwed over by u.